What's new
What's new

Yet another old Clark

ecips

Plastic
Hi All,

I have scored myself an old Clark forklift.

I've not really been able to work out which one it is!

It has a 5000lb capacity

It's an Australian model - has a Holden Red motor in it.

Can anyone offer some insight please?

Attach356_20180201_193036.jpg

Attach357_20180201_193808.jpg

Does it run or did you winch it onto the trailer?

Hi,

It runs and operates great - but it needed a push up the ramp onto the trailer with the skid steer as the tyres could get no traction at all.

:)

Call Clark, they were very helpful when I needed info on my C500-30.

I'm in Australia - time zones and things make it hard to call them.

From previous experience any Clark agent here is going to be totally disinterested in helping.

Cheers!

On the side of the block should show what size it is 149, 161, 179, 186, 202ci they are pretty solid sort of motor as long as the head has had hard seats put in for running on GAS.
If not you eventually will have a burnt valve.
Any troubles the engine is easily rebuildable by any good shop.
Other than that i cannot add anything about the fork you have

clark is here Clark Forklifts - Forklift Sales, Forklift Rentals, Parts and Service.

Im in Oz,and have seen plenty like it.......the same US model had a 4cyl Continental......and the details for the US model are on the Clark US website.......its a C40 from memory......the only hard thing to do is the brakes....you have to dismantle half the fork to get at them/.....and HOLDEN red motors are worth serious money nowdays,so never scrap one with the motor in it.

Im in Oz,and have seen plenty like it.......the same US model had a 4cyl Continental......and the details for the US model are on the Clark US website.......its a C40 from memory......the only hard thing to do is the brakes....you have to dismantle half the fork to get at them/.....and HOLDEN red motors are worth serious money nowdays,so never scrap one with the motor in it.[/

QUOTE: From my years at Clark -it is either a C50B or the later version C300-50. 5K Capacity stateside used a F163 Continental with a side timing cover mounted main hydraulic pump but from the rearview of the counterweight it looks like the pump is mounted in line with the crank, which is different? bigais

The forklift looks pretty old. If you find the serial number it will be easy to figure out. Look for the data tag. Usually, it’s found near the dashboard or the seat. If your forklift’s nameplate has worn down or fallen off, don’t panic, the serial number will be stamped on the right side of the frame
Once you get the serial number, you can get the model number and its details.

Back