What's new
What's new

How not to pick up a VMC

ALTECJBLEV

Plastic
My customer hired me to go and pick up his VMC he won at the auction deliver it to his shop and set it in place. He was adamant about using the auction company to load it because it was free. So I get there my customer is there I go inside to look at some of other machines and I come out and see this. In the end they couldn't figure out how to set it down on the trailer and paid me to load it.

Attachments

• IMAG0531.jpg
    IMAG0531.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,588
Looks like they chained around the tool changer mount arm. Must be a light machine if that little reach boom will lift it. I would not be surprised if the carousel is a little high now, but it won't be the end of the world.

I shudder every time I see someone lift something with a BS mystery chain they had laying around. OHSA requires tagged chains for lifting for a reason.

Looks like they chained around the tool changer mount arm. Must be a light machine if that little reach boom will lift it. I would not be surprised if the carousel is a little high now, but it won't be the end of the world.

I shudder every time I see someone lift something with a BS mystery chain they had laying around. OHSA requires tagged chains for lifting for a reason.

Yep, and who in their right mind stands right in the crush point!

One slip up and his ass hole would have to be sand blasted off that forklift counter weight.

Couldn't that mess up the way trucks in the table as well? I'm not familiar with that machines design but I wonder if gravity and shock would take a toll on them.

Couldn't that mess up the way trucks in the table as well? I'm not familiar with that machines design but I wonder if gravity and shock would take a toll on them.

I can't see hanging the machine precariously being any harder on it that the duty it sees while machining.

Back