What's new
What's new

260 Slideway lubrication alarm

racetunediesel0

Plastic
Hi Guys,
I have a sqt 15ms. I had some problems with the spindle drive and so i had to reset all of the machine parameters and now that i did i get this alarm every 6 min rather than before i was about every 15 or so. What parameter controls this lube system and how do i prolong it again?

Hi Guys,
I have a sqt 15ms. I had some problems with the spindle drive and so i had to reset all of the machine parameters and now that i did i get this alarm every 6 min rather than before i was about every 15 or so. What parameter controls this lube system and how do i prolong it again?

You really should fix the lube fault rathar than just prolong the frequency of the alarm. Are you using lube? If so you may just have a pressure switch fault. Chances are you may have a worn piston, if you can pull the piston to it's top stroke then push it back with little resistance then you'll need to rebuild the lube unit. Not much to it, remove from machine, remove lid, remove piston and replace o'ring, 2hrs tops.

You might want to pull the lube pump and take the filter off the bottom and clean it. We have had this problem a few times. The filter gets plugged and can not pump oil. Just dip in mineral spirits and blow out with air then repeat as needed. This might fix the real problem.

I get the impression that the machine was fine before the parameter reset so he wants to know if there's a parameter that is different.

I get the impression that the machine was fine before the parameter reset so he wants to know if there's a parameter that is different.

He stated that the alarm was coming up every 15mins BEFORE he did a parameter reset, that suggests to me that he has a lube pump problem.

I promise I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, but do you have lube in the unit?

I only ask because it took me 4 hours, when I started on our QT15, to figure it out, then the guy who actually knew what he was doing smacked me upside the head and pointed to the fluid.

The parameter monitors lube system function, it does not control it.

Most people will change the switch before placing a hand on the ways or ball screws to see if there is any oil at all on them! And later find out that it has been running dry for a long, long time.

Problems include:
1. Metering units plug up over time, this means all of them, not just a couple.
2. Broken or crushed lube lines.
3. Pump not pumping or not holding pressure.

I would start with investigating the areas that need oil. Just a very light film (or nothing at all) or a nice quantity all over? Most of the time I am called in the machine is very dry and thirsty for a drop of oil. Most and in many cases all of the metering units are plugged solid.

You will need 2 10mm open end wrenches to remove the line that comes from the metering unit.

Bill

Back