What's new
What's new

33 Emergency Stop won't clear

Romefu12

Plastic
Last week I did manage to get my Mazak M630 Multiplex machine running last Friday night however I now cannot get rid of the 33 Emergency Stop Alarm on both Servos.

When I left it last week the machine started and cleared all alarms allowing me to home the axis’s, manually move the axis’s, index the tool turrets and orient the spindles. I could even reach in and turn the ball screws by hand allowing for moving the spindle drives to the hard stops for maximum access to clean up the machine under the spindle drives.

Flash forward to today when I cannot do anything and cannot get rid of the 33 Emergency Stop Alarm on both Servos. It will not allow me to turn the ball screws to move it off the hard stops either.

The Drives and Servo Codes as follows: (Meldas 500 Series)

Power On (Control off)

MDS-B-CV-260 = b
MDS-B-SP-260 = Ab
MDS-A-SP-75 = Ab
MDS-B-V2-3520 = Ab

MDS-B-CV-260= b
MDS-B-SP-260 = Ab
MDS-A-SP-75 = Ab
MDS-B-V2-3520 = Ab

Control Power On (… means flashing)

MDS-B-CV-260 = b
MDS-B-SP-260 = F6…E7
MDS-A-SP-75 = F7…E7
MDS-B-V2-3520 = F2…E7…F1…E7

MDS-B-CV-260= b
MDS-B-SP-260 = F6…E7
MDS-A-SP-75 = F7…E7
MDS-B-V2-3520 = F2…E7…F1…E7

I know the E7 code is an Emergency Stop input from the CNC so I don’t think there is an actual Servo problem. I do think the E7 has caused a braking lock that will not let me move the Ball Screws by hand to move it away from the Hard Stop. I do not know the other codes as I do not have the manual or the alarm codes.

The only things I know that have changed is the owner removed the air cylinder that operates the sliding seperator which I replaced to get the red LED to indicate the closed position on the cylinder. And the Right side Spindle Drive is at or very close to the hard stop. Everything else is as it was when everything worked.

Anyone have any ideas?
And is it possible to use the ladder to try to track down what is causing the 33 Emergency Stop?

I am so close to making some money and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Romefu12

Last edited:
Last week I did manage to get my Mazak M630 Multiplex machine running last Friday night however I now cannot get rid of the 33 Emergency Stop Alarm on both Servos.

Anyone have any ideas?

All the amplifier codes are normal.
What your looking for is a number that flashes mixed in with the codes like F1 12 E7 F1 12 E7
The number "12" means the drive is bad.
:scratchchin:
Your E-Stop button on the machine and barfeeder should be checked.

or that partition
Wippin Boy
Thank you for your reply. I have downloaded the Meldas 500 manual and Spindle Manual.I did re-connect the partioin cylinder electronics but not the air supply. Since we are setting up a new shop we have no heat and its very cold in the shop. I also have not driven the grounding rod yet. The manual says both of these could contribute to the 33 Alarm.

Any thoughts?

Romefu12

Toss the ground rod. Most manufacturers now agree that they do more harm than good.

Without an electrical schematic, it's anyone's guess. But, if it worked before you messed with something, I'd suspect the thing you messed with first.

You said to u moved the ball screw by hand to the hard stop. Turn it the other way to get it off of all stops and limit switches I know if there are on or past it will automatically put machine in e- stop. Or did I miss something else said?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

is there an OT release on this thing?

sometimes a button that looks something like this
0//0

Guys
Thank you for all of your input. I managed to run the spindles off the stops, repaired the air cylinder, installed some missing jumpers and the machine came to life, except for the GL-200 Gantry Robot which I do not need at the moment to make some parts. I wrote a small program and the machine appears to be running just fine.

Does anyone have a GL-50, GL-100, GL-200, GL-400 Gantry system that I could get a photo of the inside of the Control Box? I cannot find out where to terminate the PON, POC wiring that may be causing a no power condition on my GL Control Board.

Thanks again guys for all your input

Kind Regards
John Lawler

Hi we have mazak integrex 50 with T Plus control and we are faceing same problem 33 emergency stop and we not haven't electrical manual so if any one have we can ready for pay charge

Guys
Thank you for all of your input. I managed to run the spindles off the stops, repaired the air cylinder, installed some missing jumpers and the machine came to life, except for the GL-200 Gantry Robot which I do not need at the moment to make some parts. I wrote a small program and the machine appears to be running just fine.

Does anyone have a GL-50, GL-100, GL-200, GL-400 Gantry system that I could get a photo of the inside of the Control Box? I cannot find out where to terminate the PON, POC wiring that may be causing a no power condition on my GL Control Board.

Thanks again guys for all your input

Kind Regards
John Lawler
Bud I have the same problem I am working with a torpedo heater that wants to throw fumes on me from time to time. I have the E7 alarm The ot release button does not do anything. I

;) just ask the guy to be more specific. Actually..... Do we have moderators here? I wonder who is moderating this particular chat.... probably CNCTOOLCAT =)

Moderator or not without posting whom you are answering to or from one is lost. I post a question and a comment I hear backlash. Please help me with this without causing a ruckus

Back