Adding EIA to T2 mazatrol - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 95 of 95
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    230
    Likes (Received)
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    Success! Haven't run anything yet, but next turning job I get off it isn't a rush one I'll CAM it.

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Alright, let's get that fusion post happening.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    175
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GP Tech View Post
    Alright, let's get that fusion post happening.
    Will hopefully play with it next week.

    Do you want to email me any nuggets of knowledge you've got on it so far (like what the program wants at the start/end and what canned cycles you've found that work)

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    78
    Likes (Received)
    203

  4. Likes xa-mont, cwtoyota liked this post
  5. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    230
    Likes (Received)
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benganboll View Post
    This is going to be a from scratch post, there is nothing apart from the generic fanuc post that is close.
    I haven't spent any time on a post as I've been flat out all year but I should start to have some free time to devote to developing a post with you.

  6. Likes cwtoyota liked this post
  7. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    508
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GP Tech View Post
    This is going to be a from scratch post, there is nothing apart from the generic fanuc post that is close.
    I haven't spent any time on a post as I've been flat out all year but I should start to have some free time to devote to developing a post with you.
    My chips and a burner are inbound. Also, I downloaded a copy of Fusion 360 to learn the software.
    Once I get a handle on the software, I'll put whatever time I can into helping out with making the post processor.
    I'm currently enrolled in a SolidWorks course as well, so I may try some CAM software on that end while I have the student / evaluation copy.

    With my FX-17 board, is it possible to back-up and store Mazatrol programs from the T2 control on my desktop computer?
    I haven not tried any RS232 with the T2 yet, but would like to back up old programs to free up memory.

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    78
    Likes (Received)
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwtoyota View Post
    With my FX-17 board, is it possible to back-up and store Mazatrol programs from the T2 control on my desktop computer?
    I haven not tried any RS232 with the T2 yet, but would like to back up old programs to free up memory.
    The serial port that is connected to the FX17 and has a symbol of a paper tape can transfer EIA/ISO programs to a computer with a standard CNC software that can transfer programs but not a Mazatrol program.
    To do that you use the softkey "TAPE"

    The serial port that has a symbol for cassette tape and also looks like glasses can be used for transfer any programs with a special software that can handle Mazaks special protocol.
    To do that you use the softkey "CMT"
    I know there some different software available to do this but if you only need to transfer programs to a PC and you dont need to edit them in any way in the PC I recommend MazView because of the price of $199.

    MazView - Mazak Mazatrol file-viewer and communications []

  9. Likes cwtoyota liked this post
  10. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    508
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benganboll View Post
    The serial port that is connected to the FX17 and has a symbol of a paper tape can transfer EIA/ISO programs to a computer with a standard CNC software that can transfer programs but not a Mazatrol program.
    To do that you use the softkey "TAPE"

    The serial port that has a symbol for cassette tape and also looks like glasses can be used for transfer any programs with a special software that can handle Mazaks special protocol.
    To do that you use the softkey "CMT"
    I know there some different software available to do this but if you only need to transfer programs to a PC and you dont need to edit them in any way in the PC I recommend MazView because of the price of $199.

    MazView - Mazak Mazatrol file-viewer and communications []
    I thought that might be the answer. I will eventually purchase that software for backups of Mazatrol programs.
    I have been taking photos of the screen to backup more important programs.

  11. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    508
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Default

    Thanks for figuring this one out for the rest of us guys... It looks like I'm in the T2, EIA/ISO club now.

    If anyone has a working program they're willing to share (something simple) I'd love to have an example while I set out on this whole CAD/CAM and post-processor journey.

    img_1576.jpgimg_1575.jpgimg_1577.jpg


    ***Edit***
    Note, I bought the MiniPro TL866CS programmer pictured and used the 6.00 software with Fujitsu chips (MBM27C128-25)
    The burner is great, easiest one I've used to date. The stickers on the chips are 3M cold-weather aluminum tape.
    ***Edit***

  12. Likes benganboll liked this post
  13. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Any luck with the T2 post processor yet? i am looking for one to, tried the one linked in Autodesk forum, but that one did not work.

  14. Likes cwtoyota liked this post
  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    508
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geidnert View Post
    Any luck with the T2 post processor yet? i am looking for one to, tried the one linked in Autodesk forum, but that one did not work.
    I am working on learning Fusion 360 at the moment. I'm a quick study, and it's fairly similar to SolidWorks, so that's going well.
    The coding for the post should be no problem given a few example posts and the EIA/ISO programming manual...
    I'll set to work on that no later than mid December if nobody else has tackled it by then.

    I don't GP Tech is using his Mazak much right now since he has another machine with a Fanuc that readily accepts G code from fusion.

  16. Likes GP Tech liked this post
  17. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    oh, ok, yeah, i tried the standard Fanuc lathe post in fusion, and that worked a little bit better, the machine moved, but in positiv direction on x and y axis, i need it to move negative, guess there is a simple solution in the post processor for that.. have to find out what it could be.

  18. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    175
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Default

    I'd planned on modifying a fusion post for it, buy haven't had an opportunity to sneeze let alone play with post processors

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

  19. Likes cwtoyota liked this post
  20. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Ok, hope you will have some time soon then.

  21. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Still no one have had the time to fix a post processor?

  22. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    175
    Likes (Received)
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geidnert View Post
    Still no one have had the time to fix a post processor?
    Nope. Too busy working and trying to enjoy life. I'll get the one day

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •