What's new
What's new

AJV 25-404N w/M-32 can't get it to start.

castleville

Plastic
Little back story. Bought a 1993 AJV 25-404N w/M32A control about 2months ago. Bought it knowing it had some problems (mill would run but sindle digital and feed digital display wouldn't display correctly plus a couple of the control buttons would stay lit all the time) but guy i bought it from said he would get comupter rack rebuilt from Mitsubishi. Before we sent the computer out he changed the batteries. Thinking we might get lucky. We didn't.
So sent computer out for mit's to trouble shoot.

Mit's report said "INSPECTED AND TESTED THE CONTROL CNC-11. MC161 IS CAUSING A 115 OVERTRAVEL +Y ALARM AT BURN IN. MC126 FAILED ROM TEST. MC446-1 FAILED BATTERY BACKUP TEST. C0609 #THE FDD WILL NOT LOAD SYSTEM DISK."

"ALL REPAIRS ARE COMPLETE; ALL PCB'S NOW PASSES ALL EXTENSIVE DIAGNOSTICS TESTING PROCEDURES. THE CONTROL CNC-11 HAS BURNED IN OK."

After reinstalling computer mill has all the same problems that mit's said it had. I Have a Battery Alarm, spindle and feed digital displays still don't display correctly, jog button always lit, and have a 115 overtravel +Y alarm.

Also to even get it to start. Have to power it on, hit zero key, power off then power on. if you don't do that it will not completly start.

I'm lost right now. Not sure what to look at next or do i just send computer back to mit's?

Also mechanicly i can fix most anything but electronics i have only dipped my toe in. But electronics doesnt scare me. Just never really needed to fix anything like this before.

Eric

wippin' boy do you mean the user and machine parameter pages? Yes i can get to to those pages. everything looks normal on those pages to me.

yeah, I don't this machine really but if you don't have odd characters and funny looking stuff the parameters may be ok.
I'm not sure the stuff your describing sounds like main NC problems
could be an interface board our on machine side
stay lit buttons sounds kinda odd, could even be a smashed op panel or faulty reset button or the like

Just an update. Guy i bought it from stopped over this morning. Started it up. First thing he said is it is definitely starting wrong. It loaded from the system disk at start up. but wouldn't complete the start up until we did the on/off/on hula dance. We reinitialized the control cause when we looked at the parameters he said that some of them were not like his other machines(he owns about 30-40 mazaks). that cleared the y+ overtravel alarm but still have battery alarm and control panel is still weird. So we pulled the computer rack again to send back to mit's.

Also when it won't complete startup. Will just sit there on the position screen. Nothing works and the digital feed display has "08" displayed. not sure if that means anything.

We reinitialized the control cause when we looked at the parameters he said that some of them were not like his other machines(he owns about 30-40 mazaks). that cleared the y+ overtravel alarm but still have battery alarm and control panel is still weird. So we pulled the computer rack again to send back to mit's.
If he has 30 -40 Mazak's and all the parameters are all the same? I've got a feeling this will end in tears before bed time. Battery alarm is solely dependant on the machine. Did you check your batteries? Some thing is up to shit. And sending it back to Mit's isn't the answer.

As far as the parameters go. No not all of his machines are set the same. I'm not sure which ones he was looking at. I think it was ones dealing with Y travel. They were set to 1 and he thought they should be set to 1000. Sent we decided erase everything and reinstall it all. And sure enough those parameters were set at 1000.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As far as the parameters go. No not all of his machines are set the same. I'm not sure which ones he was looking at. I think it was ones dealing with Y travel. They were set to 1 and he thought they should be set to 1000. Sent we decided erase everything and reinstall it all. And sure enough those parameters were set at 1000.
Sounds like a cluster fuck to me. We're changing parameters from 1 to a 1000, but don't know why.

Get through New Year, then calm down, then tell us what Alarm's / faults you have now.

Yea I'll let you know what alarms/faults i have as soon as computer gets back from mit's. It is definetly going back. It is on his dime.

Happy New Year everyone

you keep saying "digital feed display"
if by that you mean the readout for feed on the operating panel, that coupled with lights that won't go out still makes me lean toward an interface board out by display or parameters fucked up

Just wanted to put an end to this thread in case anyone else has this problem. Finally had a mazak tech come in to look at my mill this week. After a bunch of trouble shooting he replaced the circuit board MC221A(it is one of them mounted to the control panel). Now the mill is all better.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me out on here.

Just wanted to put an end to this thread in case anyone else has this problem. Finally had a mazak tech come in to look at my mill this week. After a bunch of trouble shooting he replaced the circuit board MC221A(it is one of them mounted to the control panel). Now the mill is all better.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me out on here.

Got to send a case of beer to wippin'boy he called it right on!

Back