What's new
What's new

Alarm 15 system malfunction

Captdave

Titanium
Well we have a new one today, #15 system Malfunction. Machine goes into E stop and can not clear it (control power/main disconnect off then on) like what we had last week. Any ideas as to which components the alarm is referencing? Also, this happened during a cycle, not at power up as the alarm indicates. The main CPU (not the spindle drive but the board next to it on left) is flashing F1,then 56 F2 then 56 and repeating. I haven't been able to find any code reference for this unit.

A little more info;

Here is the E stop wiring diagram, The machine does not have an external E stop

Mazak ele.jpg

Relays EMG1,2,3 and 4 and EMGH all are operating normal. EMGX I can not find. Help me understand what the numbers are referring to under each E stop line.

Control is T32-B

alarm 15.jpg

None of the other machines are effected or any changes in the lights I could tell. Check the voltage at the PP and the disconnect on the wall and at the machine 244V on all legs. Loosed and tightened those connections as well. Once the power leaves the disconnect at the machine it routes to the MC boards and not so easy to check. I did find one of the ground clamps had fallen off and reattached it still no joy. Its going to be another late night, I have 4,500# of material waiting to go into this machine.

Mazak ele3.jpgMazak ele2.jpg

Alarm 15 has gone away but still stuck in E stop. This Happened on Friday but cleared itself after a few hours but not tonight:bawling:

One last thing before I call it quits tonight. Here is the control board that is flashing F1 56 and F2 56. Can't find any ID on the board so not sure where to look to find a list of fault codes. Any guesses?

I did Google RG 201 B5 but didn't turn up anything related, except that it maybe just a EProm ID.

Mazak ele5.jpg

Your last picture is cropped so bad that I can't see enough of it to tell you where to look for the nameplate that identifies what model it is. Generally under the wires on the bottom edge is a common place, or on the side of the metal frame.

The top connector in your second picture is the start of the buss that controls the servos and spindle. It connects to the servo amp shown in the lower left corner of the picture in post #4, the other connector goes to the spindle amp. At the spindle amp, there are 2 connectors, one with a cable and the other the buss terminator.

So the problem is probably associated with communication link, or a device on it.

Your quickest way to resolve the issue is a call to Mitsubishi at 1-847-478-2500 and pick the options to get to CNC tech support.

Bill

Dave, every time the power supply in the FR-SF went bad, the spindle stop button would flash off and on when the machine was powered up. It would keep flashing. Is that happening?

No light flashing in spindle stop button.

The spindle drive is to the right of pic seven, I was trying to find the board number so I could find what the flashing code on it meant.

Capt what did your problem end up being? I have a buddy with a QT250 with 640t control. Their power flickered the other day and it gave the alarm. They were able to reset it and get it going again at the time but now the machine throws the alarm and will not power up all the way.

Capt what did your problem end up being? I have a buddy with a QT250 with 640t control. Their power flickered the other day and it gave the alarm. They were able to reset it and get it going again at the time but now the machine throws the alarm and will not power up all the way.
IIRC, I started another thread detailing removal and repair of the spindle drive my Mits.

Back