What's new
What's new

Alarm 23- Battery location?

Pazuzu71

Hot Rolled
Our "new" (Slightly used) Mazak Quick Turn 8 has an alarm #23 - backup battery low voltage.
Does anyone know where the battery is located?
We looked around in the back, but couldn't find it. :(

battery location

Open the electrical cabinet the 2 drives are grey at eye level you'll see analog display flashing AL or 23 battery is behind the little window on that drive. You need to change it with the machine power on. otherwise it loses some memory, Mazak has them in stock.
Battery is a Mitsubishi 3.6V

The battery location depends on which control it has.

T2 & T3 there are usually 2 on circuit boards
T-32 normally 1 under a cover marked battery
These are rechargable and must be changed with power off. Make sure you have everything backed up before pulling boards.

T Plus a single lithium on the left side of the CNC chassis, under a cover marked battery.
More if the turret is a servo- under the flip up door by the display of the MR-J2 servo.

640 fusion and newer, one on the left side of the CNC chassis (behind the display) on the power supply board. You have to open the back plastic cover.
and another in the MR-J2 servo for the turret

The T-Plus and newer you change them with power on.

Bill

Here are a few pictures for the battery location on a t32-3 control. I changed my battery with the power on, that is the way I was told to do it by two different Mazak techs...:confused: I will say I didn't have any problems, but I didn't pull the board, I just unscrewed the battery from the board and swapped it out.

I bought the replacement battery from Mitsubishi for around $30, had to sign some paperwork saying I wasn't building weapons of mass destruction:rolleyes5:

photo110.jpg

photo27.jpg

photo37.jpg

Hi Dave,

There is another board that may be used there that holds the battery in the center of the side, so you must pull the board to change the battery. Most that I have seen are like yours though and can be changed with power on. Thanks for posting a picture showing orientation of the battery with + on top for the guy that gets interrupted with the battery out and forgets which direction it goes in. I generally put the date on the replacement battery with a Sharpie.

Bill

Back