What's new
What's new

Alternate source for Mazak batteries.

Joe788

Titanium
Just figured I'd post this up for information/archival purposes. I might have posted it years ago, but can't remember.

If you need batteries for your Fusion or Matrix control (not sure about the older controls), you can get 'em from Interstate Batteries for $19/each, instead of $85/each from Mazak. They have the correct pigtails and everything. I've used a handful of them with no problems, and just ordered a bunch more. If you've never had a battery go dead, ORDER SOME NOW. There's nothing worse than firing up the machine in the morning with a battery alarm you can't clear, and not having any batteries on hand. I just used up my last spare (ordered several years ago), so I bought another half dozen for the shelf.

If this link dies in the future, just google " LIT5085 "

Batteries - 3.6V 2000MAH LIT

rad_LIT5085.jpg

Thanks for the reminder guys. I just ordered new batteries since I can't remember when I replaced them last. I couldn't agree with Joe more, it really does suck to find out the battery is dead.

MTBs don't make batteries, so don't buy a battery from them. Figure out who makes the battery, and buy it where they sell it the cheapest.

The same is true for many things. Need a bearing for your lawn mower? Should you buy it from a Toro dealer, or clean it up good enough to read a part number, and buy it for a fraction of the price at the local bearing supply.

Thanks for the reminder guys. I just ordered new batteries since I can't remember when I replaced them last. I couldn't agree with Joe more, it really does suck to find out the battery is dead.
Totaly, always happens first thing in the morning when grumpy..

Don't forget the MR-J2 servo controls in the machines with the fusion and newer controls.
They all have batteries, and some don't give a battery alarm before they are dead.

Bill

One more thing, remember that the machine has to have power on when you remove the batteries. I may be wrong about some machines but I know mine need to be powered up or you lose data when you unplug the battery. I am sure most everyone here knows this but it never hurts to be reminded.

Good to know, I was buying mine from Mits. Which wasn't too expensive but kinda lame to have to fill out paperwork saying I am not making weapons for 30 different countries just so I can buy $30 worth of batteries.

Don't forget the MR-J2 servo controls in the machines with the fusion and newer controls.
They all have batteries, and some don't give a battery alarm before they are dead.

Bill

Bill, the battery in the first link is for the MR-J2 on both Fusion and Matrix. They use those freakin' MR-J2 drivers for everything. A horizontal has one for each - X,Y,Z,B, magazine, ATC, and pallet changer. That's why I never PM them, and always wait until something is dead. LOL

I wasn't sure where you were using them. "If you need batteries for your Fusion or Matrix control" implies that you were cutting the clips off them and putting it on the power supply board in the control it's self (located in back of the screen). Those are AA sized.

Unfortunatly most shops WILL NOT check the batteries till they go dead, usually after a 3 day weekend. And half the time they have messed around with things so the master position can't be repaired, so it takes awhile to get it back in operation. I have thought it would be cheaper to have someone in the shop go around once a year and just replace them all, But many are penny wise and Doller foolish! Makin parts is more important than keeping the machine that makes the parts runnin, go figure.

I always put the date installed on the battery to see how long they last. When I get to check them, I replace them when they get near 3.0XX Volts.

Bill

Sanyo OEM 3HB210-F 3.6v 210mAh On FX727 and FX884 boards (M2-T2 controls)
There is also a 3GB170-F 3.6v 179mAh that repair used to install GS-SAFT was the maker

Back