What's new
What's new

Automatic Mode Coolant, Automatically? (T2, QT-10N)

cwtoyota

Cast Iron
Although I have mostly fallen in love with my old QT-10N, she has some bad habits I'd like to break.

The first is the fact that I have to MANUALLY press the coolant softkey in AUTOMATIC mode to enable coolant on the first part of the day.
Is there a parameter somewhere to enable coolant in the automatic mode by default at startup?

This is the first machine I've ever seen or run where I have to "opt in" for coolant...
I just broke a nice carbide drill while running a first part without coolant by mistake. :nopity:

I believe the switch your talking of is intended to be a over ride to allow the coolant to be momentary shut off.
So "Yes" the switch does need to be turned on at power up.

Old Mazaks like the T-2 era machines need to have the coolant enabled everytime.

Newer Mazaks have the coolant come on by default and need to be manually shut off.

I too have pondered this dilemma, and I'm betting there is a parameter or bit change that could enable AUTO coolant on startup for T2/T3. We will never know....

I've made a habit of -looking in- when starting in the morning...every time!

ToolCat

Old Mazaks also needed you to manually turn on the work light whereas the new machines turn on the light for you.

Push Auto, coolant auto, then push cycle start. Not that big of a deal. ;)

I too have pondered this dilemma, and I'm betting there is a parameter or bit change that could enable AUTO coolant on startup for T2/T3. We will never know....

I've made a habit of -looking in- when starting in the morning...every time!

ToolCat

This is exactly what I was thinking... Hoping someone might have some insider knowledge.

Thanks for the replies guys. This is the first machine I've run that requires that extra step for a program instruction to execute.
A broken tool is a good reminder to build the habit of turning on coolant.

Back