What's new
What's new

Ball screw repair

AMThomas

Plastic
Hey guys.

Has anyone ever heard of a place called Mitchell Precision for repairing ball screws? Website claims a 3 year warranty.

i sent a ball screw to them once and was very unhappy with the work performed. when i got it back, it was still dirty and didnt even feel smooth. i would stay away from them. i use Lead Screw International for ball screw rebuilds.they do a great job, your ball screw will feel like new.

I have also used Thread Craft and am very happy with their work. I had them do both Z-Axis ball screws for one of our Multiplexes about a year ago and they are running very smooth. Thread Craft was highly recommended to me by our Mazak distributor.

Brian

it depends on the screw type but ballscrews are typically not rocket science. If you have a 2 piece nut and are just looking to take the lash out then you adjust the shim betweeen the 2 halves... if you have internal return one piece nuts you are more or less dead in the water.... technically you should recomp the machine wehn you get the screw back but it depends on your tolerances.

Back