What's new
What's new

Can the Program be graphically shown?

I don't know about that new of a control, but some of the older machines when you program a manual process it won't show on the shape of the part , but when you run thru the simulation it shows it cutting.

I wouldn't think they would go backwards with their technology, but I've been wri\ong before.
Michael

EIA tool graphics

A mazatrol program can run the VIRTUAL MACHINING displays on a matrix control. It can also run the TOOL PATH CHECK, which is in concept a BACKPLOTTER thar represents the tool point as the program, EIA or MAZATROL, drive it.

So, you can BACKPLOT an EIA program, but the EIA is pretty lame when run in virtual mode. I think it will show machine motion, but there is no representation of what the EIA is cutting, other than the position displays streaming their ever changing numbers.

I think if you wanted to apply the intellectual vigor of your average ROCKET SCIENTIST, you could explore some of the capabilities of the EIA-3D display capability. Or my memory is bleeding all mazatrol issues together? I think instead I'm thinking of importing dxf and stp type solid models intro mazatrol virtual machining so you could use your own fixtures and own parts blanks, instead of the generic representations in mazatrol.

I used to work for Mazak, and I never in all my time there saw these importing capabilities put to use. Not that somebody out there didn't try them out!

-90% Jimmy

PS - the TOOL PATH CHECK will do checks on the EIA program for programming syntax error type of stuff. Additionalls, if you can "read" the backplot good, it will show you wrong stuff, if you know what you're looking at. I think also it only plots tool point to workpiece as programmed. This in contrast to the Mazatrol Virtual Machining, which is looking at the machine solid model, work offsets, tool lengths, interferences and is pretty good But not foolproof.

Back