What's new
What's new

Changing option parameters in T32-2 control

oliver7

Plastic
Guys,

I just revived an old QT-15/N lathe :willy_nilly:

I am having trouble adjusting the option parameters though. I know that sometimes you have to set an option parameter to a 1 state to be able to do anything, which is the O 108 I believe on the M32, but these option parameters only go to O80. I tried setting O80 to 1 but again, it didn't take the number.

Even with the privilege mode (or option mode 1131) on, the control doesn't take any numbers in any field of the parameters. :bawling:

I did a clean slate installation.

Any tip?

Thank you.

Oliver

Also, if anybody has a description of the Register parameters meaning, R49 through R63, my ID/OD switch of the chuck isn't working and I suspect a parameter to be the culprit.
It worked before when I put the parameters of my other QT-15 in, but when I put the parameters in of the actual machine, it didn't work anymore.
Also, my foot pedal, which I had to reattach, doesn't allow the chuck/unchuck function to latch.

I connected 24V to common and FTS I believe it was to the normally open contact.

It only actuates when hitting the pedal and than defaults to draw tubed pulled in.

I know this must come from my M301 card output, I mean the logic of it, hence it must be adjustable with parameters.

Oliver

Also, if anybody has a description of the Register parameters meaning, R49 through R63, my ID/OD switch of the chuck isn't working and I suspect a parameter to be the culprit.
It worked before when I put the parameters of my other QT-15 in, but when I put the parameters in of the actual machine, it didn't work anymore.
Also, my foot pedal, which I had to reattach, doesn't allow the chuck/unchuck function to latch.

I connected 24V to common and FTS I believe it was to the normally open contact.

It only actuates when hitting the pedal and than defaults to draw tubed pulled in.

I know this must come from my M301 card output, I mean the logic of it, hence it must be adjustable with parameters.

Oliver

I am replying to my own post.

The R parameters were screwed up again.
I put them in per sheet, and the latch of the chuck works now.

Oliver

I had the same problem while reviving the T2-CAM control on my QT-10N back in December.
I entered half of the parameters and then had to shut the control off and finish up later.

When I powered up the control to finish entering parameters, it wouldn't accept anything anywhere.
I pulled the cards, pulled out the batteries and did the memory wipe / parity reset procedures (with the jumpers) per the Mazak instructions.

The second time I re-entered all of the parameters in one shot.
That did the trick for me, I assumed that either I entered a parameter wrong, or I caused the problem by stopping half-way through and shut down.

It seems plausible that the wrong data could put the control's processor into an endless loop, chasing it's own tail in circles.

I had the same problem while reviving the T2-CAM control on my QT-10N back in December.
I entered half of the parameters and then had to shut the control off and finish up later.

When I powered up the control to finish entering parameters, it wouldn't accept anything anywhere.
I pulled the cards, pulled out the batteries and did the memory wipe / parity reset procedures (with the jumpers) per the Mazak instructions.

The second time I re-entered all of the parameters in one shot.
That did the trick for me, I assumed that either I entered a parameter wrong, or I caused the problem by stopping half-way through and shut down.

It seems plausible that the wrong data could put the control's processor into an endless loop, chasing it's own tail in circles.

Hi cwtoyota,

thanks for the feedback.
Every time I turn this machine back on, something else breaks.

I had to replace the main CPU card and the card the buslink to the amplifiers is connected to.
Right after I replaced that last card, upon turning it on, it said parameter error.
I didn't have time to finish right then, so I turned it off and came back to the machine the next morning and everything was ok, so I thought.

The R parameters were wrong, so the output card couldn't apply the right logic to the chucking circuit.

I have to proof read all parameters again and then finally write it to the EEPROM.

Thanks again for sharing.

Oliver

Back