What's new
What's new

Chip Conveyor Auto On with cycle start Parameter

Slothgsr

Aluminum
Machine is a Quick Turn Nexus 250-II M Matrix control.

I know I searched high and low for this parameter when we bought the machine and could not figure it out.. Till today when Mazak was in for some warranty work.. Had him figure it out for me. Its Parameter RB20 Bit3 needs to be a 1.

Now chip conveyor will only come on/off when you push the button. He also set me up with timers.. The timer will cycle and light up the conveyor switch, but unless I hit the button, It won't come on/off.

Parameter to enable timers. RB20 Bit 6=1

Timer cycle Length parameter is TIM40= 1200
Timer Off time parameter is TIM48=100

this lets my conveyor turn on for 10 secs every 2 mins.

100= 10 secs
1200= 120 secs

hope this helps someone that was in my postion.

Good info. Thanks for posting.

We seem to make a mess on the floor every time the chip hopper is taken to be dumped because of that silly conveyor coming on at cycle start.

--Gary

Glad I could help, The only reason this was frustrating for us was, The manual was telling me it was parameter R20 bit 3. After the tech called mazak, they found out that is wrong and the correct parameter is RB20 bit 3.

I have a Quick Turn Smart 250. I did find an R parameter some time ago (its in the electrical manual) that prevents the conveyor from starting when cycle start is pressed. I also would like for my conveyor to cycle on / off with timers to allow more coolant to drain back into the machine sump and less going into the chip barrel. With the clues in this post I tryed again. It turns out that on my machine, the manual for the chip conveyor is in the electrical cabinet, and the parameters to control it are IN THE CONVEYOR MANUAL, which I didn't even know existed! Check out the 'pocket' in the E Panel door any you may get lucky too.

I found this thread while trying to figure this out on a 430 smart. The parameter is different on the smart control. It ended up being RB 18 bit 7 must be turned off or 0. I restart is required to take effect.

Now some search tags for the googlers. Mazak chip conveyor parameter auger turn off cycle start mazatrol smart

How

I found this thread while trying to figure this out on a 430 smart. The parameter is different on the smart control. It ended up being RB 18 bit 7 must be turned off or 0. I restart is required to take effect.

Now some search tags for the googlers. Mazak chip conveyor parameter auger turn off cycle start mazatrol smart

How would I do it on a 350 smart

Back