What's new
What's new

Cnc Mazak Mazatrol offsets?????

CncMaster

Plastic
I have a Mazak vtc-16b with Mazatrol M32B controller. Im running a mazatrol program that the previous owner left for us so I know nothing about Mazatrol. I set my xyz offsets, and ran a setup part. Now Im having trouble moving the x -0.120". I changed my wpc under x but it didnt do anything. Instead it cut the other way 0.093. Any ideas on what went wrong and how to fix it???

Any chance we could get a picture of the program. One of the things it could be is the wpc was set on the opposite side you set it from and the program goes the opposite way so if you set your wpc on the other side a -0.12 would move the hole the wrong way.

Bit more info is needed here I think.
But off the top of my head did you try to use the teach softkey to adjust your x? If so it doesn't work as you would expect, in that instead of you telling the machine your currently at X-.1, you are teaching it that the datum is +.1 from your current position.

IMG_1114.jpg

So I figured out that the subprogram has its own wpc that it was using thats why the x wouldnt change. If one of my subprograms dont have a wpc offset, how do I offset it if I just want to run the subprogram to dial it in without running the whole program that takes like an hour?IMG_1115.jpg

When you want to restart just the sub, press the 'RESTART' button, then cursor to the line that calls the sub (either unit 2, 4, or 5, press 'ENTER', then 'START'. Looks like you have three sub choices, 61 twice and 1507. Mazatrol will keep track of the WPC and apply the offset in unit 3 correctly if you pick the proper sub.

@Panza I have a panasonic printer with connected to some data switches and it prints it straight from CamLink software.

@RedJames oh boy that saved me a lot of time...thanks so much

Back