What's new
What's new

Coolant fluid filter

Our cincinati milicron has a duel filter setup using bag type filters in canisters, first one is like a rough filter, second is a fine micron. Ya,,,, we wound up just using 2 rough stage filters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We have a 1000psi pump witch is way way to much. I put a ball valve on it so machine would stop leaking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I put a big blue whole house filter on the intake side where there is no pressure.
5 microns cartridge, 4" diameter, 20" long... no constriction. 1" NPT in and out.
All my machines, and just to keep from wearing the ways out.
$60.00? $10.00 filters?
Cheap.
Finer cartridges are available, down to 1 micron. Even less.
But Bruce at CTS said if I go too far, I start filtering critical elements out of my Blaser Coolant.

The filter on 300 vtc coolant line lasts roughly a year on one shift machine.

Marko

yeah
a McMaster carr bag housing and a wide selection of bags will do the deal
life depends on your coolant practices
start somewhere around 20 micron or so and see how it goes
set your plumbing up so you can bleed out the air bubble when you change filter
when they come to you and say "my coolant takes to long to shut off" ,, that's the air bubble
works just like a well pump holding tank

I just pump from the machine drain through a 1 or 5 micron 7" bag filter from McMaster into the sump, no canisters, just a $10 plasitc head to hold the filter. What plugs my filters up is the tramp oil so the micron rating makes no difference in filter life. Since most debris is over 50 micron the 1 micron filter is just good for piece of mind. They usually last 4-6 months and cost $6 or so. This is for my VMC machining most metals and plastic.

I put a big blue whole house filter on the intake side where there is no pressure.
5 microns cartridge, 4" diameter, 20" long... no constriction. 1" NPT in and out.
All my machines, and just to keep from wearing the ways out.
$60.00? $10.00 filters?
Cheap.
Finer cartridges are available, down to 1 micron. Even less.
But Bruce at CTS said if I go too far, I start filtering critical elements out of my Blaser Coolant.

I put them on the pressure side on 2 machines, they are rated for 120 PSI from Culligan, 5 micron cartridges last for a year or more, one is taking 200+ PSI no problem. No noticeable pressure drop when fresh. I have gauges on the inlet and outlet, I change the cartridge when I start to see the pressures vary enough to cut flow.

Back