What's new
What's new

Coolant through tools SQT15M

Captdave

Titanium
None of the ID tool holders have pipe plugs that can be removed to install push on connectors for plastic tubing to attach to coolant through tools. They do have 2 moveable eyes which some tool blocks are threaded and some are not and the threads appear to be M6x1.0.

There appears to be some type of plug on the back side in line with the eyes on the front but haven't pulled the holder to get a better look. If that is the case, then I should be able to drill into the galley way on the side of the holder and tap for a 1/8" NPT fitting.

How have you solved this problem?
1223409447db9bb4e01ec5c44e6b73c1.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 204
If you are not removing and replacing your tooling from the block a lot, there is a tapped hole on top of your tool block you can plumb in to and go to your coolant port in your tool, either from the side or the back of your cutting tool. You have to tap the hole in your block 1/8 pipe (or whatever you want) but is has worked well for us in the past. I believe the tapped hole you will be accessing is some kind of metric thread .You can use plastic tube if you want, but we found that copper tubing is much less apt to fail due to flying or stringy chips. Check our QPM Products coolant nozzles . They have all kinds of neat coolant nozzles, tips, etc.

We have several of the turret jet nozzles in another Mazak and really like them. We do change out tools often and it makes it a snap with the push on connector even if they don't last as long as copper.

I'll look again but I didn't see any pipe plugs, the other Mazak has both eyes and pipe fittings on the ID tool blocks. :crazy:

Dave,

One of the best things about the SQT turret design is that you have room at the back of the ID tool holder block for a coolant line, as the block is about 2" away from the turret base casting. This rear clearance is also handy for extending a boring bar or such out the back, thus minimizing the shortening of expensive tools so they will fit in the machine.

Greg

Oh I do like all the extra room this machine has on the turret, however the shank of this drill doesn't come through the holder far enough to disconnect the coolant line without removing the tool otherwise it would have been out the back side.

The tiny turret on the QT8's are such a pain in the rear to do much of anything with, the SQT15 makes me feel all grown up now:D

Back