What's new
What's new

Coolant on when door open

oozie28

Plastic
Hi i am looking to get the coolant to turn on while the door is open. Machine is a SQT 200MSY with T Plus control. I have a SQT 15MS around same year same control and I can have the coolant on while the door is open on this machine but not the 200MSY

Hi i am looking to get the coolant to turn on while the door is open. Machine is a SQT 200MSY with T Plus control. I have a SQT 15MS around same year same control and I can have the coolant on while the door is open on this machine but not the 200MSY

some mazaks there is a switch that controls what happens when door is opened. highest setting i believe it literally stops everything. i usually have it turned off so nothing different happens when door opened but your Safety person may not allow that. obviously if you bypass door switch or sensor it has no ideal door is open but again your Safety person may not allow this
OSHA may not allow bypassing safety devices either of course

So when you are bypassing are you changing a parameter or unscrewing the door interlock

So when you are bypassing are you changing a parameter or unscrewing the door interlock

your mazak model maybe different. i played with door selector switch settings at control panel (not parameter it was a regular switch)/button on panel) and found the program debug mode where it did nothing i preferred. having things stop or slow or behave different when door opened was annoying. there was intermediate door setting where i believe it only stopped or prevented a tool change possibly also limited Rapids
i have seen others unbolt the door sensor, obviously Safety person may not allow this.

Why would you want to have coolant on when you open the door? Unless you are looking to take a bath.

You could make a door switch key and plug it in with the door open. The machine will not know the difference. Remember to push the door unlock button to remove it.

Why would you want to have coolant on when you open the door? Unless you are looking to take a bath.

If u don't have the answer dont comment u twat

Sometimes answering a few questions about what it is your trying to accomplish in the grand scheme of things initiates a flood of ideas you haven't considered. I made mine do like you want for a coolant wash out hose.

Well good luck!

Brent

That’s what I have done with the mazaks I run. I machined a door interlock key so I can put a er32 tool in the spindle with a sealed collet which has a hose connected to it so I can wash down the inside of the machine and it works great.

Washing down is exaxtly what I am looking to do. I have a machine where I can switch coolant on with door open but would never start unless door closed. Fooling door switch you would be able to cycle start which isn't safe for anyone

Back