What's new
What's new

Cutter comp. issue EIA on mazak M-Plus

oliver7

Plastic
The other day the machinists have called me to our MTV-515 and told me that whenever they try to use cutter comp. that the machine flips out.
They activate cutter comp. with G41 in their case and put the D value in the table but then their intended round hole all in a sudden becomes a square.

Any idea why the machine all in a sudden doesn't calculate the right tool path anymore?

I have F-92 but 4 on.

Thanks

Oliver

Just spit balling here as I am new to Maz controllers, but intimately familiar with cutter comp going wonky LOL

A couple things to check: is the G41 move actually long enough to make the proper offset? (i.e. most controllers need at least the cutter size radius distance to comp fully and correctly.)

Also, bear in mind that the Maz offsets are in radius, not diameter, at least on my machine, Nexus 2. Good luck!

Mark

Hey guys,

thank you for your replies.
Every once in a while I get sucked into this what the machinists perceive as a machine issue.

I appreciate all of your inputs, for now, they reported that the cutter comp is working inside the machine, but that they figured out that it is a mastercam posting issue.
Although I am not disinterested in this, I have 30 other ailing machines to "heal" and am jumping off this topic.

Thanks again :)

Oliver

Back