What's new
What's new

Easiest way to reload eia program on mazatrol fusion 640t??

chainfeed

Cast Iron
We have a mazak lathe here with the mazatrol fusion 640t control and I'd like to help the guys find a better way to reload programs. Right now the only way they know is to put the new program into the machines program folder then shut the machine down and reboot to get it to see the new program..... Seems crazy to me, there has got to be a better way! The only other information i've gotten around the shop is if you can call up the windows task manager you can end the mazatrol application and then restart it and it will see the new program. Even that seems pretty dumb to me. I've used 20 year old fanuc controls that are easier than that!

Anyone have any advice?? Thanks

LOL. Are you serious? Yes, that is completely ridiculous. Tell whoever is doing that, to stop doing it. :dopeslap:

How are the programs being dragged into the program folder? Is it tied into ethernet, or are you using a floppy disk?

You'll be loading the programs with the Data I/O page. Do you have a manual for the machine? They make it relatively straightforward.

yes.... no joke.......

It is on the networks so I just save my G-code (I'm a programmer) to the network and they copy the program into their folder on the machine. I'll have to see if the operator knows where the manual is....

OK Good.

Save your program as "1234.eia" or whatever number. No spaces, and has to end with ".eia"

If it's less than four digits, don't use any leading zeros. If you want to load program number 0001, save it as "1.eia"

Go to the hard drive on the machine, and find the MC_Backup folder

Inside that folder, create a new folder called "EIALOAD"

You can call it whatever you want, but it has to be all one word, no spaces.

Drop your program into that folder via the network. You might have to right click on it and share it, I can't remember.

Go to the DATA I/O page, and hit the hard disk soft key.

Hit Directory Select soft key

Pick the EIALOAD folder that you just created

Hit the NC<HD LOAD soft key, enter your program number and hit input.

Hit the start soft key, and you'll see the program transfer from the right column to the left column on the DATA I/O screen. You're done.

You don't need to select the EIALOAD folder again until you turn off the machine and back on.

That worked out mint!

One more question though, once I load a program via data I/O is that program stored in the T_machine backup folder so its available next time the machine is fired up? I assume so, but can't really prove that out since they are running a job on the machine right now.

Once you load the program through the Data I/O page, it will stay in the program menu on the machine. Any changes you make at the machine will not be applied to the program that you dragged into your EIALOAD folder.

Something else to note: When you send program OUT through the Data I/O page, you'll need to send them to a folder in that same directory you loaded from, but be careful, as it will delete every other file in that folder! So when I send stuff out, I send it to "EIADUMP", and then drag them from that folder to wherever you want to store it on your network.

Back