What's new
What's new

Engraving part numbers on face of part with C axis T+ control

Captdave

Titanium
Need a little advise on this subject please.

Have a hand full of part numbers to engrave on the face of a family of parts but the CAD/CAM package I have is mill only. Is there some free ware or reasonably priced software out here that can do this? To add lathe with C axis to my current system would be several thousand dollars and not worth it at this time since Mazatrol programming gets the job done otherwise.

I do have the ability to copy the file to a thumb drive and upload it to the machine so some stand alone software would be fine.

My next question is engraving normally programmed in X and C or with polar coordinates?

TIA

My next question is engraving normally programmed in X and C or with polar coordinates?
Programming in X and C are polar coordinates. You can push the X-Y soft key and enter the coordinates into a Mazatrol milling process as if you posted the coordinates for a mill.

Sorry, I meant to say X and Y or polar.

So if I take the code posted for a Mill and substitute Y for C and good to go if I use X and Y at the control?

So if I take the code posted for a Mill and substitute Y for C and good to go if I use X and Y at the control?

Yes, however, this only works in a Mazatrol process and is a bit tedious to manually enter a bunch of endpoints all with 4 place decimals.

You will have to use polar coordinates if your machine can run EIA programs.

You will have to use polar coordinates if your machine can run EIA programs.

OK, now I understand. Can you run both Mazatrol and EIA within the same program? I thought I saw you could but didn't study up on it at the time, we have been so busy I'm luck to get the things done I know how to do!

OK, now I understand. Can you run both Mazatrol and EIA within the same program? I thought I saw you could but didn't study up on it at the time, we have been so busy I'm luck to get the things done I know how to do!

Your T+ control can call up EIA programs (regular G-code) as a sub program. I do not know if you have EIA option on your machine though.

Just to be clear, EIA is not the same as running a manual process (MNP). All Mazaks back to the T-1 control can run G-code using a manual process.

It does have the EIA option, It was full of straight G code programs when we got it.

So for Mazatrol you'll have to call the EIA engraving program as a sub. The muddy water is getting a little clearer.

Back