What's new
What's new

Error on Mazak 640M Controller

PequeaCNC

Plastic
Hello All, we have a Mazak CNC vertical milling machine with a 640M controller on the machine. It was sitting for about a month and when I went to boot it up recently, it had a message: "M64GroupA.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." I called Mitsubishi and they recommended to change the battery out. There is a 3.6 volt battery that I changed out. They thought that because it was sitting that long that maybe that was the issue. I also the re-initialized the controller. This still didn't change any of the error messages. I put a new cloned hard drive in (we had one that we had already cloned). This still didn't solve the issue. After communicating back and forth with Mitsubishi, they now think it is a hardware problem. We have had two Mazak machines and have had repeated problems with hardware going out on the electrical side. I'm thinking of now sending the entire controller out to Mitsubishi and having the look over it and diagnose it. I hate to do this because it is always expensive. Has anyone ever seen this issue and recommend any solutions? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170818_094205.jpg
    20170818_094205.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 516
  • 20170818_094940.jpg
    20170818_094940.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 426
  • 20170818_103236.jpg
    20170818_103236.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 20170818_103255.jpg
    20170818_103255.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 288
Hello everyone,

I recently had a battery failure on our VTC-16a running a 640m controller as well. Unfortunately for us we did not have a backup of anything. This is our only Mazak machine in the shop and it is fairly old (15-18 years?). I have gotten and replaced the battery (3.6v lithium) and have booted up the machine. Windows 95 boots up perfectly fine and auto-starts the 640m Fusion program. Upon loading the application I am experiencing the same problems as PequeaCNC was with the same errors (M64groupb, M64groupA, M64misc, M64atmain, and [m6SdgShrmem()] has failed on initial disposal- iStatus5 iSubstatus5)

Looking inside at the back of the control I have:
DC IN - Green Light
DC OUT - Green Light
PS EMG - OFF (Emergency stop is disengaged)
BAT ALM - OFF (Just replaced battery)

7 Segment status on drive unit is 9

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to start on remedying this problem.

Note: at first I thought the problem could have been just a corrupted application file so I had uninstalled the Mazatrol 640m Software > Restarted > Reinstalled software through the NC Backup >> Drive 1 >> setup but still receive the exact same errors.

Thank you!

Ben

Hello All, we have a Mazak CNC vertical milling machine with a 640M controller on the machine. It was sitting for about a month and when I went to boot it up recently, it had a message: "M64GroupA.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." I called Mitsubishi and they recommended to change the battery out. There is a 3.6 volt battery that I changed out. They thought that because it was sitting that long that maybe that was the issue. I also the re-initialized the controller. This still didn't change any of the error messages. I put a new cloned hard drive in (we had one that we had already cloned). This still didn't solve the issue. After communicating back and forth with Mitsubishi, they now think it is a hardware problem. We have had two Mazak machines and have had repeated problems with hardware going out on the electrical side. I'm thinking of now sending the entire controller out to Mitsubishi and having the look over it and diagnose it. I hate to do this because it is always expensive. Has anyone ever seen this issue and recommend any solutions? Your help is greatly appreciated.
I have the same problem what was the solution for your machine?

Back