What's new
What's new

Facing leaves tit T+ control

If there is a param for facing overshoot I would like to know that also. If EGE cant be used I will usually write a roughing process at CPZ .xx then a finish process starting with CPZ of 0.0 and it will over shoot twice the radius of tool nose on dia using BARFCE. Also what Gobo says about taking a hand cut to center to check tool height.

No tit if you hand wheel it.

I thought that Edge process had the 2X overshoot built in as well? Interestingly, if you play with the tool nose radius in the tool data page nothing changes, tit wise anyways.

No tit if you hand wheel it.

I thought that Edge process had the 2X overshoot built in as well? Interestingly, if you play with the tool nose radius in the tool data page nothing changes, tit wise anyways.

Interesting. When I forgot to change tool radius with an insert change was the time I had this issue. (I'm on a T2 control)

I have a hypothesis about maybe why (assuming all the tool data is correct)...

Are you doing layout in Program Priority or Roughing Priority?
It would be interesting to know if trying it both ways, one way might remove the tit.

This is a bar job 1.25 SS 416 so its just a .025 clean up on the face after the last part cut off. Its just an EDG process one pass no roughing.

Interesting. When I forgot to change tool radius with an insert change was the time I had this issue. (I'm on a T2 control)

I have a hypothesis about maybe why (assuming all the tool data is correct)...

Are you doing layout in Program Priority or Roughing Priority?
It would be interesting to know if trying it both ways, one way might remove the tit.
I hate using the prioritization function! Once you use it, every time after that when you make ANY kind of change to the program, you have to go back and re-prioritize. Very annoying.
Our T-2's overshoot center with EDG. I will check our parameters to see if I can find it for you.

I hate using the prioritization function! Once you use it, every time after that when you make ANY kind of change to the program, you have to go back and re-prioritize. Very annoying.
Our T-2's overshoot center with EDG. I will check our parameters to see if I can find it for you.

Yeah. I've found that sometimes you're forced into rerunning the layout when you manipulate processes.
I haven't kept track of what action caused that situation, but I've had it happen a few times while learning Mazatrol.

It seems like there should be a parameter for overshoot.
The programming manual doesn't show it, although U61 is the parameter for Z retract after each EDG pass.
_EDG.jpg

Attachments

• EDG.jpg
    EDG.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 60
You know the old story, never trust someone else to trouble shoot a problem for you.

So during lunch I went back to have a look at the tit problem, MDI a test cut an measured a .050" tit. Shimmed the tool holder .025" and 15 minutes later all is well.

Asked the operator about it and he said when he MDI it there was no tit, and goes on to say in fact its a brand new Kennemetal tool holder which he didn't tell me the other day otherwise that would have set off an alarm in my head.

Duh!!

Good point,

Its a DCLNR16 4 1" shank, I'll have to pull it out and check it with a height Gage when this job is finished. Who knows maybe the turret got bumped.

Back