What's new
What's new

Flat faces machining

Silvano

Plastic
:scratchchin:
Hello there,

I Am having problems to write the program to make two flat faces with a milling process using a 10 mm flat end mill in a radial position in a Quick turn 200MS Mazak.

I send here attached some information. If somebody can help, I will appreciate it.

Thanks

Attachments

• flat faces.jpg
    flat faces.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 270
You will have to mount your tool horizontally. Then use a line left or line right process. I am not at the shop now, or I would post an example. As your machine is an MS, not an MSY, I am assuming you do not have a Y axis.

You will have to mount your tool horizontally. Then use a line left or line right process. I am not at the shop now, or I would post an example. As your machine is an MS, not an MSY, I am assuming you do not have a Y axis.

X2 you need a Y axis or second op the part.

Not, I do not have Y axis. It is a Mazatrol Smart MS.

I will try this and let you know. Information in the manual is not the same as the parameters required in the controller. I, and J vectors are asked in the controller. Nothing say in the Programming Manual.

If you wish to complete this in one chucking, you will have to use a keyway cutter mounted horizontally. Line left or line right will create the tool path you need.

No, I do not have Y axis.

Hello gobo,

How would be the program?. In the controller ask me some I and J vectors. What are they?????

I have a Multiplex with Mazatrol T32 and to program a line or face or slot in the OD of the part, it does not asd any I and J and P.

Different from the Mazatrol Smart.

I thought you had issues with the outer flats but now I understand (I think):
First you need a live tool holder that holds the T-slot cutter with it's axis parallel to the spindle.
You don't need to input the vectors at all.
Unit: Line left
LINE (starting point)
LINE (end point of first flat)
Go clockwise so you're climb milling.
Then a new unit for milling the other side.
When choosing a T-slot cutter get one with as small diameter as possible and lots of teeth. The turret does not like big diameter cutters with few teeth...

First you need a live tool holder that holds the T-slot cutter with it's axis parallel to the spindle.
LINE (starting point)
When choosing a T-slot cutter get one with as small diameter as possible and lots of teeth. The turret does not like big diameter cutters with few teeth...
Thank you for your help Panza. I think this will work. I will try tomorrow.

LINE (starting point)

Thank you , Panza. It did work OK.

Back