What's new
What's new

FR-SF-2-18.5KP-bcg spindle drive

JonP

Aluminum
It appears that the spindle drive on our Quick Turn 15 has gone bad, we are getting an alarm for bad circuit board and bad spindle drive. Does anyone have a good spare they would care to part with ? Or can anyone recommend good vendor to get ours rebuilt ?

No matter who you send it off for repair, take plenty of pics of each board to include each jumper and DIP switch position before it leaves your shop along with making a back up copy of your parameters. Mits repaired repaired a drive for us about 6 months ago and somehow they managed to loose the drive cover. They did send a replacement but of course the drive serial number was different now it's on with a sharpie. :ack2:

Talked to Mits and two others one named Redrive, and one called Alpha, I ended up sending it to Alpha, will let everyone know how it turns out, or not ! Thanks for the replies Jon P.

Mits was a little over 4000.00, one year guarantee Alpha 2600.00 6 mo. guarantee, I don't know, one person I talked to was very positive about about my choice, otherwise I had planed to send it to mits, we'll see. Jon p

Back