Fusion 640M- ok control ? How to heck run times ?
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fusion 640M- ok control ? How to heck run times ?

2001 vintage if it matters...bugs worked out by then or was that the beginning ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the lathe control you can check cycle times in the mazatrol programming by pressing program complete then tool path and check continue, this gives you the estimated cutting time after your programs done. If you hit solid it puts it in 3d. You can also get times when the machines running press the left soft key when the machines in auto and press trace this will show you what the machines doing in real time. Also a great feature is single process and vfc

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by IeliteENGINEER View Post
    On the lathe control you can check cycle times in the mazatrol programming by pressing program complete then tool path and check continue, this gives you the estimated cutting time after your programs done. If you hit solid it puts it in 3d. You can also get times when the machines running press the left soft key when the machines in auto and press trace this will show you what the machines doing in real time. Also a great feature is single process and vfc
    I mean total run time...since the machine was new and ran first part to today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think you can do it using the machine button above the auto button, il check it Out tomorrow when I'm out and get Back if no one else has .

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is for Mazatrol programs. Right function key until TRACE shows up. Push TRACE while program is running and it will show tool paths in real time. It will also show PART SHAPE if you push that button. When the part is complete it will show the actual time the machine ran until done. Did you drink the Mazatrol Kool Aide? Not so bad at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the soft keys is labeled 'Diagnostics' . . . explore here and you can find total cutting time and total on time.

7. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red James View Post
    One of the soft keys is labeled 'Diagnostics' . . . explore here and you can find total cutting time and total on time.
    I misread the original question. The Fusion control was the first Mazak control with a PC front end. It still has some legacy crap in it too. There is a battery in the control that keeps parameters and a lot of other stuff in memory. Maintenance and run time may be stored in the same volatile memory. Battery goes dead and that stuff gets lost.
    It is like the MR J2 battery and needs to be replaced hot, while machine is under power. Total pain in the butt when it goes dead. I had to open up the control and connect a keyboard when mine went dead. Way too much typing on that funky keypad to correct everything. Took many hours to get 48 tool chain magazine back up.

9. Likes Zahnrad Kopf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Diagnos soft key, then use the mouse to go up to "Window" then "Accumulated time".

Those timers are meaningless though. They can be reset, they roll over on their own, etc.

For the more accurate, "hidden" timers, go to Diagnos>Version>Servo Monitor, and then page down a few times until you see a row titled "work time".

Every used dealer who's ever sent me a quote on a very rough looking, 10-15 year old machine, loves to include a picture of the "accumulated time". Seemingly always showing only 3,000 hours. When I tell them that timer is bullshit, and ask for a picture of the servo monitor page - suddenly the correspondence stops. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe788 View Post
    For the more accurate, "hidden" timers, go to Diagnos>Version>Servo Monitor, and then page down a few times until you see a row titled "work time".

Every used dealer who's ever sent me a quote on a very rough looking, 10-15 year old machine, loves to include a picture of the "accumulated time". Seemingly always showing only 3,000 hours. When I tell them that timer is bullshit, and ask for a picture of the servo monitor page - suddenly the correspondence stops. LOL
    Few years later looking at another pristine Mazak with Fusion 640 control and surprised the servo monitor time is 27,000 hours ! Any chance this is the time the servos are energized or is it sure enough the time the servo are rotating (i.e. "doing work" ) ? And if it is the time the servos are powered up only are they powered anytime the control is "on" or not ?

(all other hours are zero, indicating it must have lost parameters recently or purposely reset by dealer....but machine is very clean w/original paint spindle and axis sound good, and therefore seems more like 3,000 hour machine.... so this 27,000 hour figure is surprising indeed)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our Fusion Integrex is as follows:
    Diagnos>Version>Servo monitor>page down 3 times then you will see work time on each axis

Diagnos>Version>Spindle monitor>page down 1 time then you see work time on each spindle

13. Likes Zahnrad Kopf liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Few years later looking at another pristine Mazak with Fusion 640 control and surprised the servo monitor time is 27,000 hours ! Any chance this is the time the servos are energized or is it sure enough the time the servo are rotating (i.e. "doing work" ) ? And if it is the time the servos are powered up only are they powered anytime the control is "on" or not ?

(all other hours are zero, indicating it must have lost parameters recently or purposely reset by dealer....but machine is very clean w/original paint spindle and axis sound good, and therefore seems more like 3,000 hour machine.... so this 27,000 hour figure is surprising indeed)

.. old thread I know, but needed some facts added. This thread came up while I was hunting for the same answer.

Mitsubishi 500M manual states (verbatim)

WORK TIME - The accumulated time of ready-on is display.
    So I take that to mean the Servo is energized.

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

27.000 hours doesn't seem far fetched considering the salesman over here brags about a Mazak lathe that has done 200.000 hours in auto-cut.