What's new
What's new

H-400N boot up or Monitor problem

Techguy

Hot Rolled
I have a '93 H-400n that is a "project" machine. It has been sitting for a couple of months. I went to start it up yesterday and the screen came up white with diagonal lines scroling down. I do not here the hydraulic system coming up either. I am guessing the control isn't booting for some reason. I wiggled cables in the cabinet but no luck. Has anyone seen this before? What was the problem found.

I should just admit failure on this machine and sell it for parts. Assuming anyone wants parts for one of these. It would be nice to get it running though.

Dan

i cant find the right up on it right this second but off the top of my head i want to say on the 161 board you flip dip switches 1, 3 and 7 on with 8 already being on. turn machine on and the led's on that board should go to green. turn machine back off. put 1,3 and 7 off and turn machine on again. should boot up but have a bunch of alarms manually put all parameter back in. and see what it does. if you call Mits and ask they will fax you over a copy of the procedure.

1 and 3 on the 161 and 7 and 8 on the 126 card if it is a M32A model and if it is a M32 1 and 3 on the 111 card and 7 and 8 on the 121 card. 8 stays on all the time. Make sure you have a system disk and parameter disk ready to reload before you initialize.

could be no more than a 24 volt short
look at the avr and see if power on and out put led is on
if not disconnect the 24 volt output at the device
try to start again
if it comes up now you have a 24volt short to ground somewhere

Back