What's new
What's new

HCN-4000 vs HTC-400

Tom3197

Hot Rolled
Hey Guys,

We're thinking about upgrading. Now I know this isn't much of a comparison given that the HCN is really in a class of its own compared to a lowly HTC-400 But if you took the same programs, even feeds and speeds (yea, i know we can probably "git" after it more with the HCN) from a HTC-400 and put it into a HCN-4000 how much cycle time reduction could you see? I know it depends on a lot of things , but I'm just looking for some input from someone who may have experience with these two. :scratchchin:

We're a job shop, but typically run lot sizes of a few hundred up to 10,000 pcs. Our current cycle times usually run between 4 minutes - 15 minutes. Sometimes its a single part hitting every side with 5-20 tools, sometimes its a tombstone loaded up with parts.

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
Time out 2 or 3 of your current programs and they ask for some of the guys here if they would run your program on their HCN. They don't have to cut parts.....you are only interested in cycle time. This would give you a solid reference number.

Tom, if your programs are in EIA (G code), I could run one of them on my HCN cutting air and let you know what happens. The tool change, rapids, rotary speed, are going to speed up your cycle time nicely, but the real difference will be the jump in RPM and associated feed rate.

Thanks for the offer, and I'll see what I can come up with. All of our programs are pretty much Mazatrol though. We don't do much of any EIA, the most we would have in EIA is a small sub program for something like thread milling.

Back