What's new
What's new

how do you convert to an EIA. file

George M

Aluminum
Hello guys,

We just bought a 2008 510c-2 nexus matrix. It does not read our programs generated from Gibbs. I called Mazak they said we have to convert the file to an EIA. file The person I spoke to said all we had to do was to change it, well how do we change it we tried everything? Any helpwould be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
George

Right click on the program you want to convert and hit open with "Notepad"

File
Save as
Under type click all files
Type Program name .eia Click Save

okay so we were able to do this and got the machine to recognize the eia fie thank you! Now our next problem, when we opened up the program on the machine control the program was completely different with all kinds of weird characters ? what are wed doing wrong?

thanks
George

You need to use a mazak post within Gibbs. The program will still be written in g code format. The post should put the proper header info into your program as well as save it with an "EIA" file extension.

As an afterthought, use your mazak to create a one or two line EIA file, save it, and look at it with notepad. This will give you the header format so you can edit the Gibbs file.

okay so we were able to do this and got the machine to recognize the eia fie thank you! Now our next problem, when we opened up the program on the machine control the program was completely different with all kinds of weird characters ? what are wed doing wrong?

thanks
George

If you don't mind posting the program I will take look for you. We have only mazaks in the shop.

I dont use a mazak post I just use haas post I slighty modified for tap cycle and couple other minor things

You also could pm me

Back