What's new
What's new

HTC 400 configuration

eman

Plastic
Hi -

I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell what type of rotary a HTC 400 has. I am told that they were sold in 2 or 3 different configurations ( 1 deg, 15 deg, ??)

Any way to tell just by looking at it or do I need to power it up? If so where do I look?

BTW its a 1997 Mazak HTC 400.

Thanks in advance!!

4th axis

Hello,

I have a 1998 HtC400 with a full forth axis. I have only seen mine but more than likely if it is not a full 4th axis it will not have a 4th axis drive. My 4th axis drive is just a little smaller than the X and Y. If I remember, you should have a power supply, spindle drive, X, Y,Z, and the 4th axis all in a row. More than likely it will have some kind of an index drive, similar to the tool changer setup for a step machine.
I think most of the machines are 1 degree indexer, I have been real happy with mine, I have had it for about 5 years now but I have heard that if they have problems it can get real expensive.

Good LucK!

LandM1

Generally... (not a rule), you can at least tell if it's a full 4th or an Indexer simply by looking at the Work Offset page. For a Mazak with an Indexer, the Offset page did not have a "B" position offset.

You can also tell by programs in the machine because on a Indexer, there are no decimals. (So B90 degrees is written as B90000)

If it's an indexer, what's the angle? Can't tell by looking at it. Need the docs, or someone who knows or turn it on. It could be 1°, 5°, 15°, 45°,.... depends on what's in it....

we used to have a 98 htc-400 at a past shop i worked at. it was just an indexer. it was 1deg increments.

There is 15 degree, 1 degree, and full 4th.

Funny because my understanding is the 15 degree is the most prone to breakage! Apparently it has more moving parts involved.

The 15 degree lifts up the pallet and rotated 15 degrees sits down and locates on the keys machined into the bottom of the pallet. The 1 degree keeps the pallet clamped and to move it raises the 4th axis table up about 1/8" and rotates and locates on a 1 degree ring inside the 4th axis table. And full 4th is... full 4th. All of ours are 1 degree, I am the unfortunate owner of 3 of them at this point but they perform well for what they are doing, cutting and drilling/tapping alu, and copper mostly.

They should all have an axis drive, most likely a MR-J2. Maybe Land will chime in what his full 4th has. I know there are machines with a yakasawa? or something drive different then the Mitsubishi MR-J2.

Like Psychomill said.... easiest way is to have power and to look at how it programs.

Last edited:

Back