What's new
What's new

HTC 400 pallet change problem resolved!

landm1

Cast Iron
Hello,

In one of my past posts concerning an intermitant pallet change problem on my HTC 400. This problem has gone on for a couple of years with no clue, just every now and then it would not activate a pallet change to paller #2, you had to push cycle start and it would complete the change and continuewiht the program. MDI, M72 and M71, worked perfectly.
The other day I pulled the covers off on the Z axis for an annual cleanup of the bilge. Low and behold there was a rub mark on the thrust bearing pillow block. A wire, I guess the sensor for the pallet lock, was catching when the carrige was near the spindle while in work, it would rapid back for a pallet change and I guess the shock would break the circuit enough.
My fix was to use a plastic zip tie to secure the wire better, issue has never repeated. I know I should have replaced the wire but I think I will wait until next year.
Just wanted let you guys know the conclusion and a pitch for maintainance. I do have to admit that my plan was to wait until something broke, I just got lucky.

landm1

Back