What's new
What's new

integrex 200y-tool clamping issues

ASARGENT

Cast Iron
has anyone ever had tool clamping issues with their integrex 200y. it is a mark I model (about a 2001) and started having problems holding size sporadically. now it is every 10 pcs. you can fit a shim stock between the tool and the spindle when it does not clamp up right. we had mazak out today and they went through and realigned the tool changer arm, which did nothing (thought it could be causing it to load it incorrectly and clamp up funny) tool arm was off a bit, but was not the culprit. they want to tear out the entire turret and spindle and ship it to kentucky for a rebuild fee of $13000 or send us a new one for $24000 with a 15% core refund. WOW!!! i want to be sure that this is necessary. its not like its a $3000 repair and we can just take our chances. we can get the internal parts, springs, drawbar, clamping balls etc, but it wont do us any good as mazak refuses to tear down the spindle at the machine. they say that is against their rules to do this repair at our shop. the parts only total $3500. not to mention, once they tear out the turret we are going to have to replace all of the expensive o-rings that go on the turret shaft. anyone got any last ditch ideas before we bow before mazak and give them the 13 or 24 grand plus labor and additional parts? thanks in advance if you do. (and please dont say burn the machine, cause i already ran that through my mind)

If it is just the drawbar and bellvil washers I would think they could be replaced on the machine but if it has anything to do with the bearings or clamping mechanism (for lathe tools) you will need to send the spindle to Mazak.

has anyone ever had tool clamping issues with their integrex 200y. it is a mark I model (about a 2001) and started having problems holding size sporadically. now it is every 10 pcs. you can fit a shim stock between the tool and the spindle when it does not clamp up right. we had mazak out today and they went through and realigned the tool changer arm, which did nothing (thought it could be causing it to load it incorrectly and clamp up funny) tool arm was off a bit, but was not the culprit. they want to tear out the entire turret and spindle and ship it to kentucky for a rebuild fee of $13000 or send us a new one for $24000 with a 15% core refund. WOW!!! i want to be sure that this is necessary. its not like its a $3000 repair and we can just take our chances. we can get the internal parts, springs, drawbar, clamping balls etc, but it wont do us any good as mazak refuses to tear down the spindle at the machine. they say that is against their rules to do this repair at our shop. the parts only total $3500. not to mention, once they tear out the turret we are going to have to replace all of the expensive o-rings that go on the turret shaft. anyone got any last ditch ideas before we bow before mazak and give them the 13 or 24 grand plus labor and additional parts? thanks in advance if you do. (and please dont say burn the machine, cause i already ran that through my mind)

Hello, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have spent the last 15 years as a service engineer for Mazak machines (and other CNC's as well) but 90% Mazak's. I have since started my own service company. But to get back to the point I have done that exact same repair at least 4 times and it is true that you have to remove the whole B-Axis and send it to Mazak for repair. Just throwing it out there but I could save you quite a bit on the labor costs if you are interested. My company is regestered in the state of Ohio and I do carry business liability ins. and the whole nine yards. I also have references if you would like. Send me a private message on this web site if you are interested or call me at 330-604-4435

Yep. The next phase is tools dropping out of the spindle on tool change. A buddy of mine had the exact same problem, and it was $13,000 to fix. Something to do with the clamping mechanism being an integral unit to the spindle. I don't remember the exact details. His response to my shock at the price was, "Well, when you've got something that makes this much money, you have to expect it to cost a lot of money to fix."

have you checked the clamping pressure? i have replaced spring set on m/c on the mark 2 version, without taking turret off m/c, not sure of difference between mark 1 and 2 though. pressure should be between 40 kn - 4kn

its all fixed now for the low price of 23000 dollars minus a 3500 dollar core charge for the old one. we ran the numbers and could have a new unit next day or send the old one in for 5-7 business days for rebuild for 13000 dollars. doesnt take a lot of time to make up the 6500 dollars in extra for the new one. thanks for all of the responses.

Back