What's new
What's new

Internal threading cycle finishing point

artin5

Plastic
Hello everyone, i'm trying to single point an internal M6 thread. The issue i'm having is the threading tool returns to X-0 inside the bore once the threading cycle is over, then retracts. Is there a way of eliminating this move? When the bore is bigger this is a non issue but with the bore being so small i get an interference . The control is an older T-2 on a Qt-10 chucker.

Thx

i think there is a parameter that controls the amount of pullback for internal tools like threading and boring bars
but I dont remember what parameter it is. it should be in one of your manuals. I recently had the same problem with a small internal grooving tool and that is the way i got around it.

if you can not find the parameter I will see if i can find it for you.

Good Luck
Bob

I believe the parameter is U7.

The other important thing is the min ID in your first line. The control takes the U7 parameter and deducts it from the min ID.

Mike

Also, for some of the T2's, there is a software glitch for ID Grooving! Not sure if it exists for ID Threading or not? When you RESTART on a GRV IN process, sometimes the machine would back the tool up to X0, even if you had the MIN ID set properly at the first line of the program. This never happens in normal AUTO cycle, just on RESTART, and maybe SINGLE PROCESS.

I got tired of worrying about GRV IN process potentially doing this, so I program all my ID grooves with Manual Process, MNP.

And yes, I have the wrecked ID groover bar to prove it...:eek:

Thanks guys, i will try changing the min diameter at the begining of the program. The clearance parametef is U34 based on my manual. However this only changes the clearance between each pass in the threading cycles. The cycle runs fine, it's just after the last pass the tool goes to X0 inside the bore before retracting out. Thanks again for the replies

I think once you chance the minimum ID in the program header you'll be good to go. As a general rule, we set it to whatever the drill size for the pilot hole prior to starting the boring cycle.

Back