What's new
What's new

Kitagawa B-200 Power Chuck Master Jaw installation

Romefu12

Plastic
I hope someone can point me to the obvious here. I recently purchased a late 90’s Mazak Multiplex. Unfortunately the original owners shipped the machine with the Master Jaws removed from the chucks.

In 35 years I have never has to remove Master Jaws from a power chuck so I am at a loss as to how to reinstall them. They are numbered as is the chuck so I know how to match them up for the correct location but this appears to be just like a manual chuck with the scrolling drive for the jaws (not a t-nut and serrated land type of jaw like my past hydraulic chucks) There appears to be an offset “Allen Key” type of drive bolt that would appear to drive the scroll to install these jaws just like an ordinary 3-jaw manual chuck however the Allen Key drive bolts refuse to move (could they be locked by opening or closing chuck pressure?)

Or do I need to remove the chucks from the machine and dis-assemble them to reinstall the Master Jaws (This doesn’t make sense as this would require substantial effort that I doubt the former owners would do)
Surely there is something or some trick to this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Romefu12[/FONT]

What brand is the chuck? There is few chucks with quick change jaws and i think thats what you have. SMW and Schunk comes to mind, look up some videos on their websites.

Would be nice if you posted a picture.

Sorry just now noticed it is Kitagawa B-200, you will need to take the chuck off your machine to install slides in the body, you can only insert them from back.

Kaszub
Thank you for the advice. It appears I was looking at the documentation that came with the machine and not the chuck Manufacturer itself. It appears that the machine came with the Kitagawa B-200 Power Chucks however they were swapped out some time ago. With your advice I found the SMW website and my chucks look very similar to one there so I looked around the crates that came with it and found the chuck jaw tool. The chucks that I have now are “Quick Change” chucks and the mystery is solved. I can now operate the scrolls and install the Master Jaws.

Thanks again Kaszub for the assistance.

Kind Regards
Romefu12

What brand is the chuck? There is few chucks with quick change jaws and i think thats what you have. SMW and Schunk comes to mind, look up some videos on their websites.

Would be nice if you posted a picture.

Sorry just now noticed it is Kitagawa B-200, you will need to take the chuck off your machine to install slides in the body, you can only insert them from back.

Kaszub
Thank you for the advice. It appears I was looking at the documentation that came with the machine and not the chuck Manufacturer itself. It appears that the machine came with the Kitagawa B-200 Power Chucks however they were swapped out some time ago. With your advice I found the SMW website and my chucks look very similar to one there so I looked around the crates that came with it and found the chuck jaw tool. The chucks that I have now are “Quick Change” chucks and the mystery is solved. I can now operate the scrolls and install the Master Jaws.

Thanks again Kaszub for the assistance.

Kind Regards
Romefu12

No problem, and you welcome! Looks like you got yourself some very nice workholding stuf.

Back