What's new
What's new

Lost home position in X

SMT

Hot Rolled
I searched and found this thread

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/mazak/lost-home-position-z-208140/

Same exact issue except mine is with X (SQT18MY)

It homed out this morning and we discovered all the tools were off about .780.

I remeasured them all and they were all off about that much.

For kicks I shut the machine down and re-powered with intentions of remeasuring a tool to see if it changed or not. X wouldn't home out.

I found the switch and checked for continuity at the plug and got nothing. I pulled the switch and the wire lead and tested it on the bench. The switch works, and the wires have continuity end to end (so probably not an intermittent break)

I reinstalled the switch (with the cover off) and the machine will still not home out.

Also noticed that open/close action of the switch does work, but now when I see the needle on my meter move (yeah, one of the old ones ) it's pegged where it wasn't before at the same ohm setting.

I have a call in to Mazak tech support.

I'm dead in the water again :rolleyes5:

with the machine e-stopped you should be able to operate switch and see diagnostic bit change.
if not replace switch
if so, not sure
is machine servo lagging because it hits end of screw?

or will it not move at all?

Managed to get it back up and running with the help of Mazak tech support.

The switch was loose. My theory is that some live milling we've done on a regular basis loosened it up. He faxed me the sheet on how to adjust the switch and we're back in business.

This was after multiple checks and tests in the hidden parameter area and the diagnostic monitor (coolest thing ever)

I learned a lot today :smoking:

Back