What's new
What's new

lost parameters mazatrol T1 on quick turn universal OT-U

pokeit

Plastic
In between me buying the lathe and collecting it some delightful scumbag removed the parameter list. I knew before I bought it that it lost parameters when powered off but was not bothered as it would not be used very often. I have tried downloading a couple of sets of parameters but they are obviously not the right ones. I have contacted Yamazaki UK and although really helpful the machine is so old the engineer that I spoke to had never seen one.
I can use the lathe without the missing parameters but cant reference it. It also reads 4 times the actual movement, but I just allowed for that when I was using it. The Z axis toggle goes in the opposite direction as well.

I have attached photos of machine and screen so if anybody out there can help me I would be grateful.
I am not an engineer by trade but just know the basics.

Stuart

Hello Bob,
thank you very much. I entered the parameters and at first it did not make any difference so turned of the control panel, waited a few seconds , then on again and everything seemed to work as it should....sort of.
I can now get the X & Z home lights on.
Z axis moves the same distance as shown on screen, X is half as it should be.
Problems..
the "up" arrow for chuck revs will not move off zero.
There are no numbers on the screen for POSITION, only MACHINE. Since I started trying to get it working I have had position numbers a couple of times but cant remember how I got them.
I am new to this forum stuff and did reply before with email address but not sure if I did it [email protected]
I am not a total novice with cnc machines, I have owned, used, programmed, repaired a Wadkin UX 4 head router for 15 years but it took me years to learn how to fault find and repair so I know the basics of how and why the lathe works but am not familiar with the control system at all.
Once again, thanks for your help....

STUART

Just tried that. after switching control panel off/on it is showing gear 2 anyway and I have tried putting different numbers in but it does not change from 2. Still not showing big numbers for axis just asterix so I must be missing something so basic . I have some of the original manuals but they are not complete, in the manuals that you have is there a list of what all of the parameters relate to. What I am going to try next is let it loose all of the parameters then enter what you sent me but I will not enter any zero's in the collumns and hope that the poor machine doesnt get too confused.........Stuart

Hello again,
just tried with no zero's and can turn chuck on but cant get z axis to home position....AARRRGGGHHHHH
I will get there in the end....

Hi sudsy, could you help me with your parameters? i have the alarm no 61 N lube, i have a slant turn 15, thanks.

Back