Close
Login to Your Account
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default lost parameters mazatrol T1 on quick turn universal OT-U

In between me buying the lathe and collecting it some delightful scumbag removed the parameter list. I knew before I bought it that it lost parameters when powered off but was not bothered as it would not be used very often. I have tried downloading a couple of sets of parameters but they are obviously not the right ones. I have contacted Yamazaki UK and although really helpful the machine is so old the engineer that I spoke to had never seen one.
    I can use the lathe without the missing parameters but cant reference it. It also reads 4 times the actual movement, but I just allowed for that when I was using it. The Z axis toggle goes in the opposite direction as well.

I have attached photos of machine and screen so if anybody out there can help me I would be grateful.
    I am not an engineer by trade but just know the basics.

Stuart

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have these files but there are more in the operating manual. If you send me your email I can send them to you. Wouldn't let me load it here.
    14666204_1235089843178439_1363270141626252353_n.jpg14713564_1235090003178423_5884916728557103209_n.jpgdscn0498.jpg

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Sudsy,
    Cheers for that, I will try them tomorrow and let you know what happens, my email is...

[email protected]...

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Bob,
    thank you very much. I entered the parameters and at first it did not make any difference so turned of the control panel, waited a few seconds , then on again and everything seemed to work as it should....sort of.
    I can now get the X & Z home lights on.
    Z axis moves the same distance as shown on screen, X is half as it should be.
    Problems..
    the "up" arrow for chuck revs will not move off zero.
    There are no numbers on the screen for POSITION, only MACHINE. Since I started trying to get it working I have had position numbers a couple of times but cant remember how I got them.
    I am new to this forum stuff and did reply before with email address but not sure if I did it [email protected]
    I am not a total novice with cnc machines, I have owned, used, programmed, repaired a Wadkin UX 4 head router for 15 years but it took me years to learn how to fault find and repair so I know the basics of how and why the lathe works but am not familiar with the control system at all.
    Once again, thanks for your help....

STUART

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure if yours is the same as mine but after you home the machine select gear change then 2 and enter. Then to run it manually select either rapid, feed or handwheel and you should be able to run the spindle

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just tried that. after switching control panel off/on it is showing gear 2 anyway and I have tried putting different numbers in but it does not change from 2. Still not showing big numbers for axis just asterix so I must be missing something so basic . I have some of the original manuals but they are not complete, in the manuals that you have is there a list of what all of the parameters relate to. What I am going to try next is let it loose all of the parameters then enter what you sent me but I will not enter any zero's in the collumns and hope that the poor machine doesnt get too confused.........Stuart

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello again,
    just tried with no zero's and can turn chuck on but cant get z axis to home position....AARRRGGGHHHHH
    I will get there in the end....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You should have no asterics anywhere. If any parameter has an asteric put a zero in for now. The parameters I put up are for a slant turn 10 so some may be different to yours. I will email you a manual I have if it's not too big. Fairly sure it has a rundown on the parameters