What's new
What's new

M32 mazatrol question

SMT

Hot Rolled
I'm trying to teach myself Mazatrol on my mill I just got in. I have all the manuals for this machine, but the programming book really sucks. It's vague and does not have explanations for a lot of things.

So far, I feel pretty good about drilling so I moved on to endmilling.

I have an old block (6.875x5) that i figured id see about facing with a 3/4 insert mill. I can't get it to run at all. I get a 685 alarm that says "square cannot be defined"

The manual shows the tool path going back and forth over the part (even funky shaped parts which is pretty cool) like it will calculate it's cut path based on part shape/size and tool size.

Here's a screen shot.

2011-12-15_13-40-50_546.jpg

I was trying to start at the lower right corner of this block (X+, Y-, origin is center of block) and have the cutter make a pass across, retract and rapid back to X+ and make more passes until the block is faced.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!

You didn't define a Square. You basically gave it two points and the only move is in X. To define a Square The X1 and X3 and Y1 and Y3 coords cannot be the same like your Y1 and Y3 are both -2.5. Change one to a positive and it should work.

Tom

Damn. How'd I miss that? Y1 should be a positive number. I'll go give it a try.

So that worked. Thank you!

I thought I'd move on and try endmilling and leaving a circle behind. Not working so good. Where am I going wrong now?

2011-12-15_17-57-46_318.jpg

If you want a circle left behind you have to pick line machining , and the pick line out define your depth and circle diameter.

Are you sure? I'm looking in the program manual and they show the Cir pattern under Endmill Step with a tool path that seems to rough out and finish everything except a defined circle all in that process.

all you are describing is the circle to leave you need to describe the square you are starting with also a 4X4 square for example. i belive on the m32 you put starting stock after the circle .

Square first.

I forgot to report back I got the process to work.

Its pretty cool!

Back