What's new
What's new

Manual Milling Program Help!

asticx

Aluminum
Hi guys.

I am trying to mill a groove inside of a bore. I would just turn it but I do not have a grooving tool that will fit inside the bore and plunge deep enough to cut the groove.

I have a bore that is 1.083 and the depth of the groove is 1.375. All it is clearance for an internal spline. The groove is .25 wide.

The tool I want to interpolate the groove with is a .965 woodruff cutter that is .187 wide.

I want to use the manual milling program but have no done so...

I want to rapid down to X 0 then over to Z 2.375 (end of groove) then feed upwards on the X to the groove depth then index the C axis 360 degrees. I then want to rapid back down to X 0 and feed to 2.31 (other end of groove) and repeat then rapid back to X 0 and back out of the part...

I am not sure how to make this work. I can make the tool get to inside the part and feed up to the groove depth however I can't seem to make the C axis orient 360 degrees (or at all for that matter without an alarm)

I was hoping one of you mazak guys could help me out and write a program or even a sample program involving a similiar idea.

Thanks.

It is a mazatrol T plus control on an Integrex 30.

Danny

Back