What's new
What's new

Market for USB for Fusion Machines

Justin_Terry

Hot Rolled
Trying to decide if there is a market for USB replacement for the floppy drives. I know there are a couple companies that sell them and they are pretty pricey and i dont know how well they sell. I can do it for a more reasonable cost but not sure it is worth doing it if the volume is very low.

THIS IS NOT AN AD. JUST WANT TO GET AN IDEA OF PEOPLES OPINION ON HOW BIG THE MARKET WOULD BE FOR THIS.

Justin Terry

If you could make it work with a T+ and T32 I would be all over at least 3 units, of course these controls don't have floppies but I'm sure there would be a decent market for them as most are in the $500-$600 range. As a mater of fact I would think there would be a bigger market for them due to low amount of available storage in the older generation controls. Just having 16 more program files in the T+ is a HUGH deal for us as we run the same programs in both machines but have to edit the tool positions and Z offsets when we jump from one machine to the next depending on which machine is available.

I'm sure I could save them as different program numbers to be machine specific but just haven't got around to it yet, besides DNC are unreliable and a pain in the butt.:( I have wasted 30 minutes just trying to get it to connect sometimes and if Ezatrol is really out of business then I'm screwed when this notebook dies or need support.

The problem with the machines without a floppy is the interface has to have DNC software on it. The Calmotion ones have a DNC software running just has the small LCD interface instead of a fancy user interface on a computer. The time to develop and trouble shoot on lots of controls is why the price is soo high on those

Back