What's new
What's new

max.number of lines

suxen

Plastic
Another prob.
Is it possible to somehow increase the number of lines in sequencies like bar machinning? Now there is a maximum 25 lines, and it is really not enough for me now! I need at least 50! Is there some parameter for that?
Thanx

What shapes are you programming?

I used to run out of sequence lines if I was trying to machine a contour through a series of points (also called a spline) by playing connect the dots with straight lines. :crazy:

Nowdays, I approximate a spline by using a series of tangent radii and input that into the Mazatrol. I use no more than 5-10 lines and I keep my max deviation under 0.0005" of true spline path.

Not splines

I wanna do 20 pieces in one program. I allways do so, if the shape of the piece allows me that. The piece is an external bearing ring, not a big deal, just some chamfers and radiuses, ext.end int.rough.and finition, then partin-off tool, serie of 10 000 . The shape`s bit like zig-zag. The big prog.like this reduces plenty of time, it runs well at our Matrixes, but this fusion one- really makes me sad! I cannot even repeat the program for 20 times, `cos the machine doesn`t want to (see my thread before).
So now I run with 20 progs. and if I wanna do some change in prog....everything 20 times:(
Jerr

Back