What's new
What's new

Mazak 10N ATC-MC parameters - recovery

matt_isserstedt

Diamond
Hi All

Need some help from the group. I've disappeared for about 2+ years, I have been building a new shop...meaning dug the hole, poured concrete, framed, roofed, sided, wired, ducting, garage doors, homebrew security system, a bunch of stuff, closing in on the finish drywall...have all mental acuities and all 10 fingers and toes still :)

However I have a bad problem with my 10N. In waiting to finish up the new shop I've been powering up the control regularly and letting the phase perfect recharge the memory batteries. All good until around Oct Nov when I had a memory parity error. Next time I had a ? fault but most of the parameters were ***. Crap.

I solved the easy battery problem by getting some 600mAh NiMh batteries to wire to the circuit boards in place of the 200mAh triple cells which were like 4x the cost. Ok so they're just hanging by wire nuts but the functionality is there :eek:

I photographed all of the parameter screens in the past, thinking it would be useful, and now it hopefully will be...

I have an error for parameter M1-M12 invalid, so i tried re-entering those according to the list. Those all entered but some of the higher M parameters in the next column won't take the proper number via manual entry.

I read a memory reset & recovery procedure from Mazak dated '89. 89-002, and now I have a few questions.

- It references the version of the control, B-C-D-E-F, based on the following pics I'm going to guess "C"

The procedure references needing a "microdisk" for versions C and higher, I've poked around some but no idea where this would even go into (is it like a CF or SD or ?) card or something I'd have to buy from Mazak? I got a pile of paper manuals with the machine but not anything like that.

Also the procedure references "secret parameters" by entering 1311 after touching the 3rd button from right on the Param page, but I can't get that...is it possible I don't have any "secrets" ?

The procedure references a full reset/hard-cold-start involving pulling cards and flipping dip switches, and purposefully discharging the memory capacitor to zero. I don't think I have much to lose because the programs and tools are all gone now.

Any advice appreciated here, sort of :willy_nilly:and of course mad at myself that I let a few $ in batteries get the best of me...but I'm vowing to conquer this, learn some more, setup a better system, finsh the damn shop and get back to machining :scratchchin:

Thank you!

All you need to do is clear memory and enter all parameters, no need for any micro disc.
If you follow a procedure including a microdisc, just skip that part and manually enter the parameters and restart.
This machine does not have any hidden parameters.

I recommend you to buy Mazview (199$) to backup programs, parameters and cutting & tool data.

I know there is some parameters that wont set to 0, just set these as 1.

Ps. I have done the same battery thing on my QT10ATC T3, works perfect and no need to worry about leakage.

Thanks, very relieved I don't have any "hidden parameters"....because if it did, I do not have those.

I have all of the other parameters, which I got via photos when I first got the machine, before I disconnected it from power, as I was worried about losing them in transport. I never needed them at that time but I have them on my hard drive.

Let me do the reset procedure and I will report back.

I like the idea of Mazview...I got the USB port for my Fadal and that's a huge step forward...so I'm onboard with PC communications. :)

+1 for mazview. Using it on my T1 and its a huge help with the limited memory and poor program management on my T1.

Hi All

Need some help from the group. I've disappeared for about 2+ years, I have been building a new shop...meaning dug the hole, poured concrete, framed, roofed, sided, wired, ducting, garage doors, homebrew security system, a bunch of stuff, closing in on the finish drywall...have all mental acuities and all 10 fingers and toes still :)

However I have a bad problem with my 10N. In waiting to finish up the new shop I've been powering up the control regularly and letting the phase perfect recharge the memory batteries. All good until around Oct Nov when I had a memory parity error. Next time I had a ? fault but most of the parameters were ***. Crap.

I solved the easy battery problem by getting some 600mAh NiMh batteries to wire to the circuit boards in place of the 200mAh triple cells which were like 4x the cost. Ok so they're just hanging by wire nuts but the functionality is there :eek:

I photographed all of the parameter screens in the past, thinking it would be useful, and now it hopefully will be...

I have an error for parameter M1-M12 invalid, so i tried re-entering those according to the list. Those all entered but some of the higher M parameters in the next column won't take the proper number via manual entry.

I read a memory reset & recovery procedure from Mazak dated '89. 89-002, and now I have a few questions.

- It references the version of the control, B-C-D-E-F, based on the following pics I'm going to guess "C"

The procedure references needing a "microdisk" for versions C and higher, I've poked around some but no idea where this would even go into (is it like a CF or SD or ?) card or something I'd have to buy from Mazak? I got a pile of paper manuals with the machine but not anything like that.

Also the procedure references "secret parameters" by entering 1311 after touching the 3rd button from right on the Param page, but I can't get that...is it possible I don't have any "secrets" ?

The procedure references a full reset/hard-cold-start involving pulling cards and flipping dip switches, and purposefully discharging the memory capacitor to zero. I don't think I have much to lose because the programs and tools are all gone now.

Any advice appreciated here, sort of :willy_nilly:and of course mad at myself that I let a few $ in batteries get the best of me...but I'm vowing to conquer this, learn some more, setup a better system, finsh the damn shop and get back to machining :scratchchin:
i am also having the same problem. and no parameters. can you send it to me [email protected]
Thank you!

Hi All

Thank you!
hi Unfortunately, I also have your problem
My serial number is 71559
Please send me the picture of the parameters
Thanks.

[email protected]

You do not need to source the original batteries. You can make your own replacements using rechargeable Eneloop brand NiMH AA batteries and a few battery holders. You will need 3 battery holders and 9 AA batteries. You will need to extend the wires on the battery holders about 15cm and crimp small terminals on the wire ends.

The 3rd picture is what the original battery looks like. You are replacing these with the AA batteries.

The last picture is a typical Mazak circuit board. There you can see the blue colored battery. Make sure you wire the new batteries RED to + terminal and BLACK to - terminal on the board.

Make sure the power is OFF before you remove the circuit boards from the machine!

Attachments

• Eneloop aa NiMH batteries.jpg
    Eneloop aa NiMH batteries.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 8
  • aa battery holder.jpg
    aa battery holder.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Original Mazak battery.jpg
    Original Mazak battery.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Mazak circuit board.jpg
    Mazak circuit board.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
You do not need to source the original batteries. You can make your own replacements using rechargeable Eneloop brand NiMH AA batteries and a few battery holders. You will need 3 battery holders and 9 AA batteries. You will need to extend the wires on the battery holders about 15cm and crimp small terminals on the wire ends.

The 3rd picture is what the original battery looks like. You are replacing these with the AA batteries.

The last picture is a typical Mazak circuit board. There you can see the blue colored battery. Make sure you wire the new batteries RED to + terminal and BLACK to - terminal on the board.

Make sure the power is OFF before you remove the circuit boards from the machine!
The battery error disappears after a while.
Then these errors are displayed
And in the parameter field, I cannot enter a series of parameters
It means that there is no problem with the parameters of my device
Help me please
If you have the parameters, send me
Also let me know about battery voltage specifications
Do I need to replace all the batteries?
Also explain about entering the parameter
Thank you very much for your valuable help

The battery error disappears after a while.
Then these errors are displayed
And in the parameter field, I cannot enter a series of parameters
It means that there is no problem with the parameters of my device
Help me please
If you have the parameters, send me
Also let me know about battery voltage specifications
Do I need to replace all the batteries?
Also explain about entering the parameter
Thank you very much for your valuable help
The battery error is telling you the batteries are not holding a charge. They need to be replaced or you will be entering the parameters everytime you start up the machine.

The Eneloop AA batteries are 1.2 volts. You need a battery pack of 3.6 volts to replace the original batteries, which requires 3 AA batteries in series in the holders I showed you.

I do not have the parameters for your machine.

نیازی به تهیه باتری اصلی ندارید. شما می توانید با استفاده از باتری های قابل شارژ NiMH AA با نام تجاری Eneloop و چند نگهدارنده باتری، جایگزین های خود را بسازید. شما به 3 نگهدارنده باتری و 9 باتری قلمی نیاز دارید. باید سیم‌های نگهدارنده باتری را حدود 15 سانتی‌متر باز کنید و پایانه‌های کوچک را روی انتهای سیم‌ها ببندید.

تصویر سوم شبیه باتری اصلی است. شما اینها را با باتری های AA تعویض می کنید.

تصویر آخر یک برد مدار معمولی مزک است. در آنجا می توانید باتری آبی رنگ را ببینید. مطمئن شوید که باتری های جدید قرمز را به ترمینال + و سیاه را به ترمینال - روی برد متصل کرده اید.

قبل از اینکه بردهای مدار را از دستگاه جدا کنید، مطمئن شوید که برق خاموش است!
برای مشکل پارامتر چه راه حلی پیشنهاد می کنید؟

Here is my parameters.
But I am still wondering about the Swedish language in your machine :)

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    950.4 KB · Views: 15
  • P3.jpg
    P3.jpg
    984.6 KB · Views: 19
I will give you my parameters with in a few hours.
Why is your machine in Swedish?
Thanks for the parameters
Because I just bought the machine from Sweden
I am from Iran and thank you very much for your great help to solve my problem
Are you from Sweden?

Here is my parameters.
But I am still wondering about the Swedish language in your machine :)
What is the exact model of your machine?
Indeed, the parameters of all machines are different, or the model of my machin is different from yours
In addition, you did not send a page of parameters.
I want to enter your parameters for testing and see what the result is
Please send a photo of one of the pages
Thank

You did ask for parameters for in a thread of QT10ATC so that is what you got.
What page is missing?
Why dont you want to answer why the machine language is Swedish?
Where is this machine located?

Back