What's new
What's new

Mazak 200MY M6 M7 problem

R&Dizzy

Plastic
Can someone help me with this issue? I tried to initiate an M6, M7, chuck open/close code for a bar pulling sequence and I receive an invalid M code alarm. Is there a way to unlock this feature through machine parameters?

M6 m7

Hello,

Not likely they built an MY machine with out an M6 or M7, but then again Mazak sold me a 98 QT20, brand new, that did not have the G83 "option", WTF?
You might also check to make sure you have the manual chuck setting at O.D. work holding.
Also, your ladder might be messed up. Did someone run a robot on the machine, those guys jack around with all kinds of stuff, perhaps they used M6 and M7 for something else?

Good luck!

LandM-1

M6 m7

Hello again,

I have a SQT100 MSY, just thinking again, where are you trying to use M6 and M7, you are not in milling mode are you? Almost all of the codes are modal and are are a real P.I.T.A. until you get your first one going. When I first started I would put a mistake in the code and it would take me quite a while to get things running again. Perhaps you might want to post your code.
The down side is that even in M.D.I. all of those active modal elements are still active. no quick fix but hopefully it is just something in your code.

Good Luck!

LandM-1

Yeah, and sometimes for no other reason than they are a CNC, they will give you this alarm and when you power off and reboot, the darn thing will work fine. Seen this many times. If the alarm comes right back, then consider it a problem.

You need to change a bit on, I think, parameter R49...for a T32 and T-Plus machine. Look in your electrical manual under machine parameters.

Automatic chuck open/close was an option on Mazak's for years. May be standard now? All ya' gotta do is change the bit...

from memory

if matrix, it's PLC parameter RB0.1 or so. this allows chuck open/close by M code or not.

then, if matrix, it could want an M106/7, M206/7 or even M306/7. Instead of the older M6/7.

M100 codes are for the first (primary) spindle
M200 are for the second (opposed) spindle
M300 are for the third, usually driven tools off the turret.

The PLC Parameter for the sub spindle, or Head 2 in the Mazak books, is different parameter number, but if you want to use chuck open close by program this also needs to be changed.

Use your PLC parameter books that live in the electrical cabinet on the machine to confirm PLC info!

-90% Jimmy

I can hit the books if this doesn't get you there. need control type to be accurate, and Mazak is up to about 6th generation mazatrol these days!

Sorry its been so long since i replied to this thread but it was the bit change in the perameters that worked. Much appreacieated guys!

Back