What's new
What's new

Mazak Documentation for a 1986 QT10N (CAM T2)

cwtoyota

Cast Iron
I'm looking for a set of documentation for my QT-10N with the CAM T-2 control.

Are the wiring diagrams for QT lathes with T2 and T3 controls interchangeable?
Are the wiring diagrams for QT lathes of different sizes interchangeable?
For example, would a T2 wiring diagram from a QT-20 or a QT-8 include the information for my QT-10?

That's the way some builders did it with the Fanuc systems, but this is my first Mazak, so I'm ignorant to their ways.

I've found a few items on e-bay, but first I plan to call Mazak to check what they can supply and how bad their pricing is.
I have the original ladder and parameters sheets, as well as the parity service bulletin.

Specifically I would like to find a copy of the wiring diagram and the maintenance manual. An operator manual would be a bonus too.

If you have one of the above manuals you're willing to sell for a reasonable price, please let me know.
Hopefully soliciting manuals and/or parts is not inappropriate here on the forum.

Hi, I have all documentation to my QT10N T2 1986.
Some information can be usefull from another T2/T3 machine but the trick is to know what.
I will not sell my books to you but I could make PDF copies of it if you want.

I have:
wiring diagram
maintenance manual
operator manual
Both T2 and EIA/ISO manual

CWToyota: I have been following your threads and I can't remember seeing if you have gotten yourself registered with Mazak. If you have not you should. It is really a fun process that assumes you are going to be making atom bombs for the Russians with the machine. This will allow you into their parts system and see what manuals are available for the machine. At least then you know what all you are looking for. I think you will probably need to buy at least the electrical manual from Mazak. These will be pretty machine specific and I bet you will have a hard time finding one for your machine other than from Mazak. I had to buy one for my machine (QT15 CAM T2). PM me your email. I have something I can email you that may be useful.

CWToyota: I have been following your threads and I can't remember seeing if you have gotten yourself registered with Mazak. If you have not you should. It is really a fun process that assumes you are going to be making atom bombs for the Russians with the machine. This will allow you into their parts system and see what manuals are available for the machine. At least then you know what all you are looking for. I think you will probably need to buy at least the electrical manual from Mazak. These will be pretty machine specific and I bet you will have a hard time finding one for your machine. I had to buy one for my machine (QT15 CAM T2). PM me your email. I have something I can email you that may be useful.

This is my first Mazak machine. I didn't know there was such a process, but I'll get in touch with them and get that kicked off. For the record, I don't plan on making atom bombs for the Russians. Haha. I planned on call Mazak to check into the purchase of a wiring diagram specific to the QT-10.

I'll send you a PM. Thanks.

There are lots of Mazak manuals on eBay, a detailed search might pay off.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been keeping eyes on that. There were some QT 8 & CAM T2 books on there which rompted me to ask about how similar they are to the QT-10. I decided to wait for the right ones to come up.

CWToyota: I have been following your threads and I can't remember seeing if you have gotten yourself registered with Mazak. If you have not you should. It is really a fun process that assumes you are going to be making atom bombs for the Russians with the machine. This will allow you into their parts system and see what manuals are available for the machine. At least then you know what all you are looking for. I think you will probably need to buy at least the electrical manual from Mazak. These will be pretty machine specific and I bet you will have a hard time finding one for your machine other than from Mazak. I had to buy one for my machine (QT15 CAM T2). PM me your email. I have something I can email you that may be useful.

Can you please share with me sheet numbers from 409 to 413 - Relay circuit diagram, for machine QT15 with CAM T2. I bought that machine and only that 5 pages do not have. I have all other documentation for that machine if you need anything.

Do you received message with my email address? Thanks.

Back