What's new
What's new

Mazak H500 M32 / Alarm 45 Emergency Stop

karanmah

Aluminum
Hi,
I have a Mazak H500-M32 and recently in the middle of machining and by the moment of picking-up the tool from magezine or puting it back the tool in to the magazine by shifter, the alarm 45 Emergency Stop appears on screen and there is a LED (Red Color) turns on, on the controller's power supply PD21B.
By disconnecting OL wires and turn on the controller then turn it off and connect OL again, then I will be able to run the machine just for a few moments before taking off or putting back the holders in to the magazine by Shifter.
I check every thing and replace many items with another one from simmilar machine, but still the problem is there.
Is there any thought or information regarding this??? I appreciate in advance any information.

Have you changed the power supply? Did the power supply from the machine with the problem work in the other machine?

The red LED on the M32 P.S. means an overload. Probably on the 24Volt output that powers limit switches and prox switches. These many times are a bad prox switch, or a bad cable, that may only create the overload at the tool change position. Meaning the loops of cables that go to the spindle from the saddle, or from the machine frame to the saddle may have a problem only at a certain position of the axis, and work fine in other positions.

Another possibility is on the large relay circuit board. On machines that do not have an air to air heat exchanger for the electrical enclosure, I have had problems with shop air contamination causing burns on the circuit board traces. Have there been any other odd problems in the last few weeks? These usually have a slight burned smell and leave blackened areas on the green circuit board.

Bill

Hi Bill,
First of all thank you for your recommendations and then I just wanted to let you know that I found the problem and it was because of touching arm shiffter back plate to one of PXMTY switch on +24VDC wire which the shield was damaged by the time on certain contact of back plate and wire.
It was hard to find out because of to many proximity switched and to many different points to be checked and also this point was very small and was not in front of your eyes.
Now we are back to the bussiness.
Cheers

Back