What's new
What's new

Mazak help for a dum dum

Mitch167

Plastic
So the lathe guy at my shop got a new job, so we have a Mazak quickturn nexus 300 just sitting in the shop, me and my boss can't figure out how to run it, the old operatore gave us a training day before he left, but Rome wasn't built in a day, does anyone know of a website or someplace I can go to get some help on how to run it? I know there is classes and stuff but they are expensive for a kid such as myself and the dates are quiet some time from now. The manuals aren't really helping much, or can someone at least help me figure out go to set the chuck barriers and simple stuff to get the machine running? My future has a bright outlook if I can figure this thing out.

The risk you take when you decide to have only one man to do one thing!

Is it the mazatrol control or do you use the Meldas iso?

Most of the time I ignore the chuck barriers on our integrexes as long as you take it easy the first time running a part it will be fine.

You say that the manuals isnt helping, have you tried calling mazak? Just for a quick guide on the barriers?

I was fortunate enough to have a shop close to mine that is full of Mazaks, and a very helpful guy there to bounce things off of. He has even come by to give me some hands on a couple of times.

So the lathe guy at my shop got a new job, so we have a Mazak quickturn nexus 300 just sitting in the shop, me and my boss can't figure out how to run it, the old operatore gave us a training day before he left, but Rome wasn't built in a day, does anyone know of a website or someplace I can go to get some help on how to run it? I know there is classes and stuff but they are expensive for a kid such as myself and the dates are quiet some time from now. The manuals aren't really helping much, or can someone at least help me figure out go to set the chuck barriers and simple stuff to get the machine running? My future has a bright outlook if I can figure this thing out.

Very expensive machine to have sitting idle. Even more expensive if you crash it because you do not know what you are doing. Training is cheap in comparison.

Having someone local come out and show you how to run it is safest way. We can give you all kinds of help on the forum, but really, the most productive method would be to get a Mazak Applications guy to initially show you how to use it.

We farted around with our old T-3 Mazak for about 2 months (machine inherited from another division) and made little progress. We had a Mazak App guy show us how to run it in 2 days. Manual is good for a refresher, but hands on with someone was invaluable.

been a long time since i worked on a mazak but one thing i remembered was that we removed chuck barrier to run it.
also the size you describe the material has an effect as well
good luck

When I bought a new quick turn, I was lost, Mazak helped somewhat but... what really, helped was the mastertask on line class for 600 or 700 bucks or what ever it was well worth it, take the CNC turning class with the Mazak speciality. Then find a local tooling guy that knows Mazak and they can help you set up the tooling. With that, you will be on your way. Set a part up and check your positions on the position page against what you have programed. x & z, set your tools, especially drills on the x, manually check clearances, no big deal, just don't rush it and walk through everthing and cut down the rapids and cutting speeds until you have it. Get one or several basic parts programmed or have someone do it for you, then you can copy units and programs and adapt. Anyways, thats how I do it and I am 65 and not a genius at computers, but getting better.

Back