What's new
What's new

mazak M2 with 4th. won't home, will handwheel

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
Hey guys,

I have got my 4th axis retrofit all hooked up and got the correct parameters from an awesome tech in Melbourne (philip edmond, was half of alltech but is branching out now)

where I'm at now is that I can get it to work but I cant get it to home.

When i start the machine and I home the other 3 axis they work not a problem, when I press 4- to home the 4th it releases the brake on the 4th, and then does nothing else. no movement at the actual 4th, no change in position on the screen.

HOWEVER - if i then switch into 10x or 1x for the handwheel I can rotate the 4th and both the actual 4th moves and the indicated position changes.

I have checked the home pos switch in the 4th and it's working fine. (can handwheel it on and off) and the signal is received back at the TB1 strip, so cabling from the 4th to the machine is fine.

any ideas here?

I know the 4+ and 4- buttons are working fine, as i checked through the diag for that input and it trigers not a problem (also they both trigger the m44t relay to release the brake)

Thanks,
Trav

sounds like an inhibit. maybe he wants to see doors closed,chuck closed, or some other goofy state that he feels endangers life,limb or property.

sounds like an inhibit. maybe he wants to see doors closed,chuck closed, or some other goofy state that he feels endangers life,limb or property.
I think the only inhibits on it are the clamp/unclamp, which is working fine (otherwise it wouldn't hand wheel)

with the other axis if you go the wrong way to home you get a "missopper" error

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bit more action! Its getting close!

I was able to get the 4th to home, and then jog and rapid after that.

I think the only issue I'm left with now is the scaling. 360 degrees of rotation is showing about 2900 on the screen. Anyone got any idea what parameter might control this?

Btw this is how i got it to home, it's not very scientific and basically guess work, but it worked. I went into the parameters and found all that had **1 **2 **3 that were the same value, and then made **4 the same.
a91416c21bb74c3af0bac8f1cf53755e.jpg

So ZC4 RF4 RT4 MC4 all got changed to the same as their corresponding 1 2 and 3.

Hey guys,

I have got my 4th axis retrofit all hooked up and got the correct parameters from an awesome tech in Melbourne (philip edmond, was half of alltech but is branching out now)

So what happen in your 1st post? Did you od did you not have all parameters set correctly? BTW I don't think it is wise to just input any numbers in parameters for the 4th. 1, 2, 3 axis motors are different then 4th.

So what happen in your 1st post? Did you od did you not have all parameters set correctly? BTW I don't think it is wise to just input any numbers in parameters for the 4th. 1, 2, 3 axis motors are different then 4th.
Obviously i didn't have a parameter set correctly.

The motor and drive on the 4th are the same as my x and y axis motors as far as i can see (haven't actually checked part numbers though)

The parameter governing the feed rate while homing may still be zero.

The overtravel parameters for a rotary axis are not figured the same way as a linear axis.

Scaling is done by the number of encoder pulses per turn of the encoder times the gear ratio of the rotary.
Looks like this is off by a factor of 8, 360 X 8 = 2880

Bill

The parameter governing the feed rate while homing may still be zero.

The overtravel parameters for a rotary axis are not figured the same way as a linear axis.

Scaling is done by the number of encoder pulses per turn of the encoder times the gear ratio of the rotary.
Looks like this is off by a factor of 8, 360 X 8 = 2880

Bill

I'm reckon RF is max rapid and I'm thinking either zc or rt are the homing speed.

Any idea what parameter might govern the scaling? Figured it would just be a factor of 8 (I'll actually measure accurately once i find the parameter.)

Back