What's new
What's new

mazak manual

DMF_TomB

Diamond
anybody know if their is a Mazatrol M-32 basic operation manual in pdf form?
We got a Operation Manual with about 300 pages of alarm codes. I am looking more for like how to do a basic tool change and set offsets. Load programs, etc. I am learning by being showed how to do but sure would like a basic manual to read.
I am working with someone who has worked on the VMC mill for over 10 years and if I ask what does the "Dry Run" button do, he does not know. Or I ask about helical milling a big thread for a big nut and he does not know, I guess I am used to a small like less than 100 page manual on doing basic things.

You can grab some copied ones on e-bay occasionally.

Honestly... The manuals suck and just leave you more confused. If you already have a good grasp of what you are doing, the programming manual can fill in some small spots,
but otherwise, they suck, certainly not something to learn from... my opinion.

they let me borrow the Mazal Mazatrol M-32 Programming manual. It say 1993 on it and many older machine manuals are hard to find in digital form. It is odd Mazak does not seem to have any manuals online.
I will write procedures myself if I have to. For example 1 or 2 pages on loading program, tool change to probe to set X,Y,Z for WPC-1, WPC-2, etc, check tool layout or tools needed for program against tool life, change dull tools and set actual diameter and reset tool life to zero. My old job they had procedures and you checked off each item as you did them and they seemed a waste of time but I never forgot a step ever, when I followed them.
I guess I am surprised at my new job where all programming is conversational at the machine (no CAM software) and nobody seems to use the manual and all seem to do things slightly different. Their Setup and order of operations sheets are abbreviated a lot almost like short hand writing. It is taking me awhile just to learn all the shorten terms used on the program setup and operations sheets. After a week on the new job I did not loose or make any bad parts but a few close calls from mistakes I would have made if not caught by the machinist training me like a dull end mill sound loud enough to be caught in seconds and program paused as part was getting pushed out of vise, have me worried enough to ask to borrow the manual to read on my own time.

Back