What's new
What's new

Mazak Nexus 100 maintenance help?

edge22

Aluminum
I have a 06 Nexus 100 I am going through and doing some pm on. Couple questions, on the spindle in the maintenance book it speaks of a small hole on the bottom to check that it is clear so it can drain out.
I have found that but was wondering if it would be beneficial or risk damaging anything to remove the whole ring and clean it out good?

On the turret, it seems to be setting about .002-.0025in low using right hand tools, what is the procedure to loosen it up and relocate it?
I have done this several times on a old QT15 and it was not too bad of a job, but not sure on this one because its servo driven.
Thanks for any suggestions.

I have found that but was wondering if it would be beneficial or risk damaging anything to remove the whole ring and clean it out good?
I don't think you will be able to take that ring off. That's your front labyrinth plate. It will be trapped in behind the flange on the spindle. Best not to un-bolt it. It has a critical function, on the back side, inside the headstock, it has a journal that presses and locks in the bearing outers.

A pipe cleaner is handy to clean out that drain hole. I often see them corroded shut. If its that bad, just a drill bit, by hand to clear the hole.

Regards Phil.

The turret alignment procedure is the same.

I would recommend pulling the two tapered pins and leaving them out. A crash will bend them, and make them very difficult to remove.

ToolCat

The turret alignment procedure is the same.

I would recommend pulling the two tapered pins and leaving them out. A crash will bend them, and make them very difficult to remove.

ToolCat

Seems like if I remember rite that their is the cover plate and once you remove it their are holes in the turret that lead too the socket heads underneath that you loosen too do the adjusting? If it still has the tapered pins I think I will have to remove the center nut take the turret off and pull the taper pins, sound rite?

Sometimes the pin come from the outside and you can pull them with a slide hammer or whatever you can cobble together. Other times you do have to pull the turret and pound them out.

Back