What's new
What's new

Mazak QT-20 manuals

FogellCustoms

Plastic
Hi all

I´m new to the forum, seems like there´s a whole lot of good info here!

I´m close to buying a 1997 QT-20 with T-plus but the manuals are all in German according to the seller, I´m from Sweden and don´t speak German. My question for you guys is, is there anywhere I can get a hold of a complete set of manuals in English in PDF or something? The option is to buy the printed set from Mazak for close to a $1000. I have spent quite a bit of time on Google but came up with almost nothing.

Thanks in advance, and for reading my post :)

Mazak is easy, just buy it if prize is right. Translate what you need, when you need.
Mostly you need electrical schematics and parts diagrams when doing maintanance.
Programming will be so easy you hardly need the manuals for that.

Marko

Mazak is easy, just buy it if prize is right. Translate what you need, when you need.
Mostly you need electrical schematics and parts diagrams when doing maintanance.
Programming will be so easy you hardly need the manuals for that.

Marko

Sounds great, the seller claims that both of the manuals you mentioned actually are in english. The asking price is $18000, maybe that´s high but supply and demand I guess. There are very few used Mazaks on the market and after reading up on Mazatrol, I have my heart set on a Mazak and nothing else.

Price isn't too bad if the machine is good condition, company I worked for bought similar 1996 machine couple of years back for around 15000€, low hours but it had been unused for couple of years. Took me a week to clean and service.
Good machines, and very accurate.

Marko

Price isn't too bad if the machine is good condition, company I worked for bought similar 1996 machine couple of years back for around 15000€, low hours but it had been unused for couple of years. Took me a week to clean and service.
Good machines, and very accurate.

Marko

Thank you for yor reply! Still have a few things that worry me, based on the pictures there are three OD tool holder on the turret and still waiting for a picture of the other stuff that comes with the machine. If I have to buy ID tool holders, holder for drilling chucks and whatnot, it´s gonna set me back quite much. Haven´t even found any supplier in Europe...

Another thing that worries me is if the machine parameters are missing. I guess it´s quite hard to get everything set up right when you are a total CNC newbie.

If its been on smart hands the parameters have backups, and if not there should be a parameter disk and sheets in the control cabinet or electrical cabinet. Ask the seller.

Common sense and couple of phone calls to your local mazak service / importer will get you sorted.
Layout and manuals are quite good to get you started if something doesn't work.
But beware parts are expensive from the Mazak dealers atleast.
Shopping around can save you some money.

Marko

Hi all

I´m new to the forum, seems like there´s a whole lot of good info here!

I´m close to buying a 1997 QT-20 with T-plus but the manuals are all in German according to the seller, I´m from Sweden and don´t speak German. My question for you guys is, is there anywhere I can get a hold of a complete set of manuals in English in PDF or something? The option is to buy the printed set from Mazak for close to a $1000. I have spent quite a bit of time on Google but came up with almost nothing.

Thanks in advance, and for reading my post :)

Mazak manuals show up on ebay but it's hit and miss. Which control is it? I suspect you may need to at least buy the electrical manual from Mazak. I ordered a manual from them and they did have a pdf option which I think was a little cheaper.

I probably won't be buying that particular machine, Benganboll on the this forum enlightened me about the fact that changing the language was not as easy as I thought.

I have another machine in the scope now, so let's hope that the original manuals are available on this one.

Thanks for all the answers guys!

Back